Vultures and a Birth Bash!

  • King Seesar
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 2:11 AM
      Hi there Mailing List Folks!

      There are two big things coming up in the world of noisy goodness!

      *_Wednesday 4th March Steve Beresford, John Edwards, Will Connor at the
      Klinker_*

      First, in appreciation of Steve Beresford's birthday (albeit a day or
      two off), the Klinker is presenting Steve Beresford on piano, John
      Edwards on bass, and yours truly on drums. I can't express how honoured
      I am to have been asked to be part of this celebration and I can't
      express how much I appreciate Steve's kindness, inspiration, and
      friendship since I moved to London a year and half ago! He's truly a
      star on and off the stage! Come celebrate the anniversary of the arrival
      of this musical genius on our planet by basking in his masterful ivory
      tickling along with the incredible, tastefully-placed energetic sounds
      of John Edwards' low end madness!

      This Klinker event is being held at the Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road,
      Nunhead, London SE15. Doors at 19:30, show at 20:00. £5/£3 Concessions.

      For other Klinkers listings check out
      http://www.iotacism.com/klinkerizer/index.shtml

      *_Saturday 7th March Vultures, Diva Abrasiva, BLISTRAP, Ampersand, and
      special guest Steve Beresford at Cafe OTO_*

      Vultures has the great pleasure of opening for a night of amazing
      artists when we play with Diva Abrasiva from Edinburgh featuring
      Composer Lin Zhang and their cross between improv and industrial sounds
      using Chinese folk instruments and power tools! Also on the bill are
      Sheffield's BLISTRAP showcasing Mick Beck on reeds, Jonny Drury on
      guitar and electronics and Phill Wood on percussion. Last but certainly
      not least is London's own Ampersand, bringing huge metal sculptures to
      the stage to enhance their detuned bass and an array or electronics and
      homemade noise makers!

      Steve Beresford, a day after his real birthday, will be giving a talk on
      electronic goodies and improv, and representatives from Fractured Spaces
      Records and Back to the Womb Records will be selling their wares. If has
      not been confirmed yet, but Dorkbot London and Open Lab have both been
      asked to participate with tables displaying their projects and
      information on their upcoming workshops and other electronic music
      related events.

      What a night! Cafe OTO is located near Dalston Junction and Dalston
      Kingsland stations at 18-22 Ashwin Street, E8 3DL. The fantastic
      entertainment starts at 20:00. £7/£5 Concessions. Pre-sale tickets and
      more information is available online at
      http://cafeoto.co.uk/programme/Ampersand_000.shtm

      Other news this week includes: a recording with Twitchy Spleen for his
      new solo album, a trip to Berlin for building medieval style frame
      drums, Vultures latest recording is finally being mixed and that means
      several tracks on upcoming compilations will be issued soon, and many
      more shows have been booked including the Avantnoise Festival in Hamburg
      and an improv festival in Macedonia!

      For more info on other Vultures activities and to hear some tracks,
      please visit http://www.myspace.com/justvultures

      For more info on Seesar's solo projects and to hear some sounds, check
      out http://www.myspace.com/seesar01

      For more sights, sounds, and other London tour date info for Diva
      Abrasiva, go here: http://www,myspace.com/divaabrasiva

      For things about Ampersand, including pics of their cool sound
      sculptures, go to http://www.ampersand.tv

      For cool stuff about Fractured Spaces Records go to
      http://www.fracturedspaces.co.uk/

      For cool stuff about Back to the Womb Records go to
      http://www.myspace.com/backtothewombrecords

      Dorkbot London can be found here: http://www.dorkbotlondon.org
      Open Lab can be found here: http://www.pawfal.org/openlab/

      Please forward this email to any and all interested parties and, as
      always, if you don't want to be on the list or you do and you want to
      hear more things, just email me!

      Take care and see you all soon!
      Cheers!
      Will aka Seesar