WHY YOU NEVER BECAME A DANCER : SPECIAL WEEKEND! 2/3/4 MAY 2003

  • Susan Lawly
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      WHY YOU NEVER BECAME A DANCER : SPECIAL WEEKEND!
      2/3/4 MAY 2003

      proudly presented by H I N O E U M A - M A L E D I C T I O N

      Before Bush's and Blair's coming apocalypse, one of the most memorable
      weekends ever is approaching in London's most evocative venue, the
      historical landmark Conway Hall in central London. There are two very very
      special one-off live performances: uniquely for this event Whitehouse will
      play their entire Bird Seed album (plus some extra material) - also to be
      recorded. And secondly, Bruce Gilbert from Wire is performing a rare live
      set - those familiar with his music will realise what a highly
      valued opportunity this is. With the amazing Russell Haswell as star DJ -
      you can imagine how much this evening is going to be remembered.

      The wonderful Devotion (featuring Annie Stubbs) at Hinoeuma a few months ago
      was one of the most talked-about concerts ever seen there - at Slimelight
      Electrowerkz at the Angel Islington we will have another great chance to see
      why. Whitehouse (William Bennett and Philip Best) will perform their new
      live set with some extra improvisation. On top of that, amazing special DJ
      sets for this night from The Beekeeper (Bruce Gilbert) and Russell Haswell
      (now recently completed some extremely successful dates as Satanstornade
      with Masami Akita). Please note Saturday's tickets include access to
      Slimelight club until 730am!

      On Sunday there will be a (free!) symposium at The Foundry featuring talks
      by Jack Sargeant, William Bennett, Russell Haswell and Philip Best - plus an
      open
      Q&A session and more (and possibly an unprecedented acoustic performance of
      Cut Hands Has The Solution!).

      Full details for each night are listed below. Do you know how much you
      realise you really need to be here for this weekend? Don't let others be the
      ones to tell you about how they were there. Advance tickets for both Friday
      and Saturday are just £17 - or £10 for each individual night (£11 on the
      door) - details below on ticket outlets and how to order online.

      ----------------------

      FRIDAY : 7.30PM : MAY 2
      CONWAY HALL : 25 RED LION SQUARE : HOLBORN TUBE

      WHITEHOUSE : 'Bird Seed' live set
      BRUCE GILBERT : live set (Wire)
      RUSSELL HASWELL : DJ set (Warp Records)

      +HAGSHADOW DISTRIBUTION RECORD STALL

      TICKETS : £11 ON THE DOOR : £10 ADVANCE : £17 FRIDAY + SATURDAY

      ----------------------

      SATURDAY : 7.00PM : MAY 3
      SLIMELIGHT ELECTROWERKZ : TORRENS STREET N1 : ANGEL TUBE

      DEVOTION : live set (Lustmord : SPK : Alternative TV)
      WHITEHOUSE : live set + improvisation
      RUSSELL HASWELL : DJ set (Warp Records)
      THE BEEKEEPER : DJ set (Bruce Gilbert)

      TICKETS : £11 ON THE DOOR : £10 ADVANCE : £17 FRIDAY + SATURDAY
      (INCLUDES ACCESS TO SLIMELIGHT CLUB TILL 7.30AM!)

      ADVANCE TICKET SALES OUTLETS
      Slimelight Electrowerkz credit card line : Mon-Fri office hours : 0207
      8376419
      Resurrection Records : 228 Camden High Street : Camden Town : London
      Rough Trade : 16 Neal's Yard : Covent Garden : London WC2H 9DP
      now also at Susan Lawly buy tickets online! www.susanlawly.com

      ----------------------

      ALSO : SPECIAL EVENT!

      SUNDAY : 7.30PM : MAY 4
      THE FOUNDRY : 84 GREAT EASTERN STREET : OLD STREET TUBE

      SPECIAL SYMPOSIUM WITH:

      JACK SARGEANT
      WILLIAM BENNETT
      RUSSELL HASWELL