new member

  • djinxy008
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2007
      Hi ya'all,
      my name is carl and Im a 19 year old atheist from texas. lol
      You can call me jinxy though. I find the banner of the group
      interesting: "No Gods - Trying to find yourself--> not God."
      Personally I dont believe we can truely know who we are, i.e find
      ourselves. I think our experiences shape our personality which means
      we, as people, are constantly changing. Any how, do any of you believe
      we have "free will" and by that I mean freedom to act apart from
      external cohercion? In some ways I agree with that definition. Ways
      such as we always have the ability to do the things we want; however,
      we always act acording to what we experience in one way or another.
      Knowledge from experience shapes our perception and understanding and
      thus we act accordingly. So then I must inquire, is the will truely
      free?

      Carl
    • basem omar
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2007
        hi this is basem a new member from egypt and iam a muslim
        if any one have any question, inquiry , or critisim about islam iam here to listen ok

        BR
        basem

      • basem omar