Desalinomics 101: how your tax dollars built and subsidize the desal industry

  • earljohn@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 12:06 PM
      From the Orange Coast Voice newspaper in Orange County, California,
      where two large desalination plants by Poseidon Resources Inc. are
      moving through the approval process. The OC Voice is a progressive
      monthly newspaper for the area. As its publisher and editor, I was also
      a founding member of Residents 4 Responsible Desal, a Huntington Beach
      group active in opposing Poseidon's plans. I am no longer active in the
      group, but our newspaper follows local desalination news regularly and
      in depth. Here are some recent articles published on the blog:

      www.ocvoice.wordpress.com

      http://ocvoice.wordpress.com/2009/03/17/desal-bailout-how-1-billion-of-y\
      our-tax-dollars-and-water-fees-may-help-poseidon-resources-inc/

      http://ocvoice.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/desalinomics-101-no-cost-desal-c\
      osts-a-lot-how-your-tax-dollars-built-the-desalination-industry/

      http://ocvoice.wordpress.com/2009/03/18/desal-debacle-can-huntington-bea\
      ch-become-tampa-bay-what-if-poseidon-fails-again/

      You might also want to check out the older version of the group's
      website, still up but not connected to the homepage, because it has lots
      of studies, news articles, etc. about desalination and water issues:
      http://www.hbdesalfacts.org/html/about_us.html

      and the new website: http://www.r4rd.org/

      thanks