Cochiti Opening - April Fool's

  • KIM DURAN
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 3:23 PM
      Took the afternoon off and cruised over to the Tetilla side and got skunked.  The road to the boatramp was open but the Santa Clara road, the one we use to get to the knob was chained.  Got back home and called the Cochiti Lake office 465-0307 and got an I dunno and they think maybe Saturday.

      Worthless...

      KD
    • gordon eatman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 9:44 PM
        I agree. Wonder if they would be so nonchalant if they paycheck was delayed.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 8:09 AM

          Hey Kim

          Sorry for the rude "April Fools". Not that it's within my control and thanks for the sacrifice of checking the open status though. The report I posted was given to me "straight from the horse's mouth" (so to speak). Maybe Ranger Tim was off duty yesterday and I guess nobody else got the message that the point was supposed to be opened. C'est La Vie!

          I'll call again to make sure that it's open for SATURDAY. Bare in mind that it will probably be closed by 6:00 or 7:00 pm.  Also note that once the water level begins to rise it will be closed when the level comes up 6 or 7 feet and submerges the road.

          Wind or not let's all have a pot luck picnic on Saturday (or Sunday if wind is forecast).

          LET IT BLOW!!

          Michael