signal supression

  • marinmrpipe
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
      Hi,
      I have a problem with NMRPipe.
      I have to suppress more than one signal in a DQF-Cosy spectrum, I have
      suppressed the solvent signal but I'm not able to suppress the other ones.
      How can I do?
      Thank you
      Marianna
    • Frank Delaglio
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
        Many greetings.

        It's possible to supress more than one signal region by a series
        of first-order time domain corrections, each of which corresponds
        to a shift in the frequency domain. The trick is to find out how
        much to shift the data. You can do this by inspection of the spectrum
        without any suppression.

        For convenience, the phase correction function PS has arguments
        for "right shift" and "left shift".

        So, if you had one signal that was 10 points from the center of
        the spectrum, and another that was 15 points from the center,
        these commands in the time-domain would be used:

        | nmrPipe -fn PS -ls 10 \
        | nmrPipe -fn SOL \
        | nmrPipe -fn PS -rs 10 \
        | nmrPipe -fn PS -ls 15 \
        | nmrPipe -fn SOL \
        | nmrPipe -fn PS -rs 15 \

        same as

        | nmrPipe -fn PS -ls 10 \
        | nmrPipe -fn SOL \
        | nmrPipe -fn PS -ls 5 \
        | nmrPipe -fn SOL \
        | nmrPipe -fn PS -rs 15 \

        Note that the "center" of the spectrum is point N/2 + 1,
        for example point 257 of 1 to 512.

        From the "nmrPipe" manual page:

        In this DQF-COSY example, time-domain phase correction is
        used to shift the solvent signal closer to zero frequency,
        where it can be removed more effectively by time-domain con-
        volution. After this, the shift is removed by a second
        phase correction, and a tentative linear baseline correction
        is performed after the transform of the acquisition dimen-
        sion. A more thorough correction is made after the 2D
        Fourier processing is done:

        #!/bin/csh

        nmrPipe -in dqcosy.fid \
        | nmrPipe -fn PS -ls 9 \
        | nmrPipe -fn SOL \
        | nmrPipe -fn PS -rs 9 \
        | nmrPipe -fn SP -off 0.5 -end 0.98 -pow 2 -c 0.5 \
        | nmrPipe -fn ZF -auto \
        | nmrPipe -fn FT \
        | nmrPipe -fn PS -p0 255.6 -p1 78.0 -di -verb \
        | nmrPipe -fn BASE -nw 3 -nl 0% 5% 95% 100% \
        | nmrPipe -fn TP \
        | nmrPipe -fn SP -off 0.5 -end 0.98 -pow 2 -c 0.5 \
        | nmrPipe -fn ZF -size 2048 \
        | nmrPipe -fn FT \
        | nmrPipe -fn PS -p0 -90 -p1 0 -di -verb \
        | nmrPipe -fn TP \
        | nmrPipe -fn POLY -auto -xn 5.3ppm \
        | nmrPipe -fn POLY -auto -x1 5.1ppm \
        -out test.ft2 -verb -ov