Xview warning (Red Hat 8.0)

  • Pineda-Lucena, Antonio
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
      Hi All,

      Happy New Year! I just installed nmrpipe/nmrdraw in my laptop running Red
      Hat 8.0 (Gnome), and I am experiencing some problems. In particular, I get
      the following message:

      XView warning: Notifier error: Unknown client
      XView warning: wind_end: Unknown client

      I have been reading the mailing list and saw some of you had the same
      problem with earlier versions. I tried to modify the nmrDraw file
      introducing the -fn (Frank), but it is still not working. Any idea?

      Best,

      Antonio
    • Frank Delaglio
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
        ... I think someone noted previously that it might help to "chgrp"
        the group setting of all the software files so that they are the same
        group as the users of the software ... if you try this, let us know ...

      • Padmanava Pradhan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003

          Hi,

          I have ordered a Dell linux box with Red Hat 8.0.

          I will be using NMRPIPE subsequently on linux platform.

          Do you think I should go for RH8.0 or 7.3?

          Thanks.

          P.Pradhan

          CUNY

           "Pineda-Lucena, Antonio" <Antonio.Pineda-Lucena@...> wrote:

          Hi All,

          Happy New Year! I just installed nmrpipe/nmrdraw in my laptop running Red
          Hat 8.0 (Gnome), and I am experiencing some problems. In particular, I get
          the following message:

          XView warning: Notifier error: Unknown client
          XView warning: wind_end: Unknown client

          I have been reading the mailing list and saw some of you had the same
          problem with earlier versions. I tried to modify the nmrDraw file
          introducing the -fn (Frank), but it is still not working. Any idea?

          Best,

          Antonio

          Do you Yahoo!?