Re: [nmrpipe] NMRPipe installation on RedHat Linux 7.3 ?

  • cao chunyang
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2002
      You'd better use NMRPipe in Non-Root account. Hope
      it's helpful to you.

      Chunyang Cao

      --- sangwonlee_71 <sangwonlee_71@...> wrote:
      > Dear NMRPipe users,
      >
      > I have been trying install NMRPipe on RedHat Linux
      > 7.3.
      > It seems that installation was complete without
      > error, but when I ran
      > it, it was working properly.
      > I tested with sample data with given script but I
      > couldn't see any
      > signals. I tried with my data(Bruker) and used same
      > script that has
      > been working with no problem on SGI Irix 6.3 system,
      > but I couldn't
      > see any signals after FT. It seems to me that FID
      > was not imported
      > properly.
      > Could anyone help me with this?
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Sangwon Lee

    • Neel Sarovar Bhavesh
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2002
        Dear PIPE users,

        I have acquired a 15N HSQC with np=8192 on a varian spectrometer. If I
        want to process with only 2048 point, how I shold process.

        I tried using following in fid.com, but it did not worked.

        -xN 2048 -yN 512 \
        -xT 1024 -yT 256 \

        But on using -xN 8192 and -xT 4096 I got a good processed spectra.

        Can anyone help me with it.

        Thanking you

        regards

        Neel
      • Frank Delaglio
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2002
          About reducing dimension sizes during conversion: generally, this
          can only be done for the last dimension, and in some cases can't
          be done this way either (for example, when the input is from a pipeline,
          like "zcat ser.Z | bruk2pipe ...").

          The solution is to convert using the full size, and then use
          the nmrPipe "EXT" function to extract the desired points.
          For example, to extract the first 1024 complex points,
          and automatically reduced the recorded time-domain size
          accordingly (-time) use:

          | nmrPipe -fn EXT -xn 2048 -time \

          cheerful regards,

          big fd
        • Neel Sarovar Bhavesh
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 23, 2002
            Dear Frank,

            Thanx for reply. Just now I tried less point in -xT while keeping the -xN
            constant. My np was 8192 so I kept
            -xN 8192
            -xT 1024
            in conversion script.

            After processing I got the good spectra. I hope it is ok. Can you please
            let me know.

            regards

            Neel

            NEEL SAROVAR BHAVESH Alternate e-mail: neelsb@...
            Research Scholar Ph. No.: +91-22-2152971/9*2271/2525(O),2420(R)
            D-230 +91-22-215 2182(direct, NMR lab)
            Molecular Biophysics group Fax No.: +91-22-2152110/2181
            Deptt of Chemical Sciences Res: B 123, Brahmgupta
            Tata Institute of Fundamental Research TIFR Housing Complex
            Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba
            Mumbai 400 005 INDIA Mumbai 400 005 INDIA

            Homepage : http://www.tifr.res.in/~neelsb