problem of 3D baseline correction using LP before

  • li_g_y
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hi nmrpipers,

      Due to the first few points in C13 dimension distorted in intensity,
      Varian 3D 13C edited noesyhsqc data behaves a "dish" baseline, which
      can be corrected using backward LP in VNMR software. I tried to use
      LP before in nmrpipe to solve such problem, unfortunately it didnt
      work well, and even made the matter worse.

      Does anyone have got a successful solution to that? I am all ears!

      Guangyu Li

      Dept of Biochemistry
      Michigan State University
    • Ryan McKay
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        Re: [nmrpipe] problem of 3D baseline correction using LP before For the Varian ProteinPack gnoesyChsqc pulse sequence insert the following line for the z-dimension.

        | nmrPipe  -fn LP –b pred 2 –before \

        The other alternative is to select a carbon sweep width small enough to allow enough time of the CO decoupling pulse to function.

        Usually predicting two points is sufficient (the second point is the worst one).

        Best wishes,
        Ryan

        Ryan T. McKay
        Assist. Director
        National High Field NMR Centre (NANUC)
        105 NANUC Bld.            Phone:  (780) 492-2700
        University of Alberta     Fax:    (780) 492-9174
        Edmonton, Alberta         Cell:   (780) 951-7568
        Canada T6G2E1             http://www.nanuc.ca

        From: "li_g_y" <li_g_y@...>
        Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 20:13:54 -0000
        To: nmrpipe@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [nmrpipe] problem of 3D baseline correction using LP before

        Hi nmrpipers,

        Due to the first few points in C13 dimension distorted in intensity,
        Varian 3D 13C edited noesyhsqc data behaves a "dish" baseline, which
        can be corrected using backward LP in VNMR software.  I tried to use
        LP before in nmrpipe to solve such problem, unfortunately it didnt
        work well, and even made the matter worse.

        Does anyone have got a successful solution to that? I am all ears!

        Guangyu Li

        Dept of Biochemistry
        Michigan State University

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=228862.2128520.3581629.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705083235:HM/A=1155065/R=0/*http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/990-1736-1039-302>

      • li_g_y
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
          Dear Ryan,

          Thank you very much for your immediate reply, and your suggestion
          works well. Compared with my processing script, I used the default LP
          -forward, which caused my problem.

          thanks a lot and a nice weekend,

          Guangyu Li

          Dept of Biochemistry