Post-doctoral position in protein NMR in Denmark

  • bigfdelaglio
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20 9:10 PM
      Dear Colleagues,

      I have an opening for a 2-year post-doctoral position in the area of
      development and application of NMR spectroscopy to proteins. Please
      find the announcement below my signature. More information and the
      application procedure are found at
      http://www.au.dk/en/job/nat/academicpositions/.

      I would appreciate if you could pass this message on to qualified individuals.

      Kind regards,

      Frans

      ps. I apologize if you receive this message multiple times.

      Dr. Frans A.A. Mulder
      Associate Professor of Biological NMR
      Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center (iNANO) and
      Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University

      Phone +45 87 15 58 89
      Cell +45 51 44 73 44
      Email fmulder@...<mailto:fmulder@...>
      www.protein-nmr.org<http://www.protein-nmr.org/>, inano.au.dk
      bionmr.chem.au.dk, www.inspin.dk<http://www.inspin.dk/>

      Postdoc position in Protein NMR Spectroscopy

      A post-doctoral position for one year with the possibility of
      extension for another year is available immediately at the Department
      of Chemistry and Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center (iNANO) at
      Aarhus University, Denmark in the group of Associate Professor Dr.
      Frans A.A. Mulder.

      http://www.protein-nmr.org<http://www.protein-nmr.org/>
      http://inano.au.dk/organization/research-groups/laboratory-for-biomolecular-nmr-spectroscopy/

      Project and Tasks
      Our group develops NMR spectroscopy methods for the study of proteins,
      with an emphasis on the integrative analysis of their structure,
      dynamics and electrostatics in relation to function. We focus on
      enzymes, protein-protein interactions and studies of intrinsically
      disordered proteins in relation to cellular function and disease. To
      overcome the challenges that these systems pose we are looking for a
      knowledgeable and creative person. It is expected that the successful
      candidate will independently manage the development, implementation of
      NMR experiments and data analysis, as well as collaborate with other
      groups in local and international collaborations.

      Scientific Surroundings
      The Protein NMR Laboratory offers a stimulating research environment,
      covering complementary research activities in the area of liquid state
      NMR, oriented and MAS solid state NMR, pulse sequence development,
      low-field NMR and imaging. The lab is currently equipped with three
      highly flexible instruments for liquid and solid-state applications
      operating at 700 MHz, 500 MHz, and 400 MHz. In 2013 a new
      state-of-the-art 950 MHz spectrometer will be installed, which will be
      the highest field NMR magnet in Scandinavia. The BioNMR research is
      embedded within the Center for Insoluble Protein Structures (inSPIN;
      http://www.inspin.dk<http://www.inspin.dk/>), the Department of
      Chemistry (http://chem.au.dk<http://chem.au.dk/>) and the
      Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center (iNANO;
      http://inano.au.dk<http://inano.au.dk/>). These laboratories provide
      abundant complementary and state-of-the-art techniques in structural
      and molecular biology, nanoscience and technology.

      Aarhus University further provides a strong international research and
      training environment with excellent professional and private
      conditions. Foreign employees can get help and information from the AU
      International Center (http://www.au.dk/en/internationalcentre/) and
      Work in Denmark (https://workindenmark.dk/).

      Qualifications and Conditions of Employment
      ? The candidate must have a PhD in Chemistry, Physics or in closely
      related fields, with demonstrated experience in NMR spectroscopy.
      ? The candidate must understand advanced NMR theory and experiments
      and be able to apply advanced NMR techniques.
      ? The candidate should be able to work independently and participate
      creatively in refining project directions.
      ? The candidate must have good oral and written communication skills.

      Applicants should provide two letters of reference to
      natcharlotte@...<mailto:natcharlotte@...>.

      For further information please contact:

      Associate Professor Dr. Frans Mulder
      email: fmulder@...<mailto:fmulder@...>
      tel: +45 8715 5889 / +45 51 44 73 44

      Formalities and salary range

      The Faculty of Science refers to the Ministerial Order on the
      Appointment of Academic Staff at Danish Universities under the Danish
      Ministry of Science, Technology and
      Innovation<http://www.au.dk/en/rules/2008/bek284>.

      Further information on qualification requirements and job content may
      be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at
      Danish Universities<http://www.au.dk/en/rules/2006/vtu1>.

      The application must be in English and include a curriculum vitae,
      degree certificate, a complete list of publications, a statement of
      future research plans and information about research activities,
      teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching
      experience (if any). The recommended level of
      detail<http://science.au.dk/en/positions-and-fellowships/academic-positions/rules-and-instructions/curriculum-vitae-for-applications-for-scientific-positions/>.

      Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of
      Finance and the Confederation of Professional Unions.

      Deadline

      All applications must be made online and received by:

      08/04/2013

      Please apply online
      here<https://ssl1.peoplexs.com/Peoplexs22/CandidatesPortalNoLogin/ApplicationForm.cfm?CFID=1423085&CFTOKEN=cdd3108e6bdfd51-058DEE49-9990-C8C0-9C11BECA5BCE3D21&jsessionid=1a30f4148bb23fde43968019613d476b4e3cTR&PortalID=1407&VacatureID=564308>
    • Siddhartha P Sarma
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2013
        Dear Colleagues,
        I have just acquired an interleaved 3D HNCO experiment on an Agilent (Varian)
        600 MHz instrument.
        I would be much obliged if anyone of you would give a script to separate the
        reference and H-bond 3D experiments.
        Thanks in advance.

        Siddhartha

        --