Re: nmrDraw problem

  • arpit_katiyar70
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2013
      --- In nmrpipe@yahoogroups.com, sette@... wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > after moving to Ubuntu 12.04 I'm experiencing this problem with NMRDraw
      >
      > (NMRDraw) XView error: Cannot open connection to window server: :0.0
      > (Server package).
      >
      > I then reinstalled the software,
      > then sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
      > then restart
      >
      > But I still have the same error :(
      >
      > Bruker, and processing files works well but would be nice to see the
      > results...
      >
      > Any suggestion?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Marco
      >

      > Dr.Marco Sette, Ph.D.
      >
      > Department of Chemical Sciences and Technology
      > University of Rome, "Tor Vergata"
      > via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133, Rome, Italy
      > e-mail: sette@...
      > e-mail: m77it@...
      > Tel.: +39-0672594424
      > Fax: +39-0672594328
      >
      > www.rete29aprile.it

      > Invito da parte dell'Ateneo:
      > Il tuo futuro e quello della Ricerca Scientifica hanno bisogno del
      > tuo aiuto. Dona il 5 x mille all'Universita' di Roma Tor Vergata
      > codice fiscale: 80213750583 http://5x1000.uniroma2.it

    • Wen Chen
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2013
        Hi, folks,

        I just tried to install nmrDraw on a fresh ubuntu 12.04. Since I have problem to install ia32-libs in a standard way, I tried sudo apt-get install gcc-4.6-multilib. Since it'll install ia32-libs for me.  But when I run nmrDraw, I got something like this

        nmrdraw.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

        I checked I do have libX11.so.6. I hope someone can help me with the problem, or can help me to install ia32-libs in ubuntu 12.04 properly.

        Thank you very much.

        Wen Chen, Ph.D
        Harvard Medical School
        James Chou group
      • 25304055cb626418e6861edafb36058f
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2013
          It seems that you didn't have your 32-bit libaray properly installed, try the following and see if it could be fixed:

          1. first install all system updates (imporatnt for your fresh system), then reboot your system
          2. type "sudo apt-get update" in the terminal
          3. type "sudo apt-get install ia32-libs" in the terminal

          Yang
        • Wen Chen
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 28, 2013
            Hi, Yang

            Thank you for your email. I have the updated 12.04. It seems it has the same problem to install ia32-libs with 13.10. So I added "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring main restricted universe multiverse" into my synaptic manager.
            But it seems the archive.ubuntu is down during my installation. I don't get connection when I do apt-get update.
            I'll try it later.

            Thank you.

            Wen

            To: nmrpipe@yahoogroups.com