Chuck & Rachel's Saturday

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 17, 2008
      Due to the extreme concordance of the furnal equinox on April 12th
      this year, we're having our Second Saturday party on the 19th instead.
      Consistency is not really a human trait.

      The theme this time is Mexican Pirates. So be sure to dress like a
      Mexican and bring Pirate food.

      There may be a crowd of blind-folded drunks with cutlasses vs. a
      pinata on the back porch at some point. So a good time for all is
      practically guaranteed.

      Where: Chuck and Rachel's
      4801 SOUTHERN AVE SE
      (cross streets Monroe and Zuni)

      When: April 19th

      Time: 2 pm-?

      Bring: Something to share
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2008
        The theme this month is Bastille Day, which falls on the 14th of
        July. We'll be back on our regular second saturday schedule, which
        will be the 12th this month. As usual, festivities begin at 2pm and go
        until
        whenever.

        Wear a beret, or dress in blue, white, and red. Or put on the cap
        of liberty (basically Poppa Smurf's red cap). Anyone who would like is
        welcome to bring French foods: bread, wine, cheese... In the evening
        we'll have fireworks.

        4801 SOUTHERN AVE SE
        ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87108
      • morgan gangwere
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2008
          ah i would come and celebrate but alas, i has no transportation, just
          like we have no bananas no bananas in clovis today! (also, parents
          that dont really appreciate the fandom... )

          --
          Morgan gangwere

          "Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
          Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
          the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
          2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.
        • ScritchWuff
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2008
            D'Oh! It looks like my brother is going to sell his house and really
            needs my help moving this weekend, so I won't be able to make it to
            the party or the movie. This weekend's a work weekend for me. :P

            Have fun, guys! Maybe next time. :)

            --
            Scritch

            Carol wrote:

            > The theme this month is Bastille Day, which falls on the 14th of
            > July. We'll be back on our regular second saturday schedule, which
            > will be the 12th this month. As usual, festivities begin at 2pm and go
            > until
            > whenever.
            >
            > Wear a beret, or dress in blue, white, and red. Or put on the cap
            > of liberty (basically Poppa Smurf's red cap). Anyone who would like is
            > welcome to bring French foods: bread, wine, cheese... In the evening
            > we'll have fireworks.
            >
            > 4801 SOUTHERN AVE SE
            > ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87108

          • J. M. West
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 9, 2008
              I want to meet this Chuck and Rachel, but alas; I have to be in Texas on family matters this weekend.

              All in good time.

              Be well,

              xeltifon

              Carol wrote:

              > The theme this month is Bastille Day, which falls on the 14th of
              > July. We'll be back on our regular second saturday schedule, which
              > will be the 12th this month. As usual, festivities begin at 2pm and go
              > until
              > whenever.
              >
              > Wear a beret, or dress in blue, white, and red. Or put on the cap
              > of liberty (basically Poppa Smurf's red cap). Anyone who would like is
              > welcome to bring French foods: bread, wine, cheese... In the evening
              > we'll have fireworks.
              >
              > 4801 SOUTHERN AVE SE
              > ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87108

            • Carol
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 9, 2008
                chuck was at Albufurque with his dog Powder

                Carol wrote:

                > The theme this month is Bastille Day, which falls on the 14th of
                > July. We'll be back on our regular second saturday schedule, which
                > will be the 12th this month. As usual, festivities begin at 2pm and go
                > until
                > whenever.
                >
                > Wear a beret, or dress in blue, white, and red. Or put on the cap
                > of liberty (basically Poppa Smurf's red cap). Anyone who would like is
                > welcome to bring French foods: bread, wine, cheese... In the evening
                > we'll have fireworks.
                >
                > 4801 SOUTHERN AVE SE
                > ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87108

              • J. M. West
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 9, 2008
                  Powder I remember.

                  Apologies, Chuck.

                  Duh. I'm new. :)

                  xeltifon

                  Carol wrote:

                  > The theme this month is Bastille Day, which falls on the 14th of
                  > July. We'll be back on our regular second saturday schedule, which
                  > will be the 12th this month. As usual, festivities begin at 2pm and go
                  > until
                  > whenever.
                  >
                  > Wear a beret, or dress in blue, white, and red. Or put on the cap
                  > of liberty (basically Poppa Smurf's red cap). Anyone who would like is
                  > welcome to bring French foods: bread, wine, cheese... In the evening
                  > we'll have fireworks.
                  >
                  > 4801 SOUTHERN AVE SE
                  > ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87108

                • Carol
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 4, 2008
                    The September Second Saturday party is going to be Ninja Mardi
                    Gras, and it will be at our house the weekend after this, Saturday,
                    September 13th starting once again around 2pm and going until
                    whenever. So dress in black with shiny beads or whatever you think
                    makes sense, if
                    sense is a word we can apply to these things meaningfully. :)