Re: [nmfurcentral] Re: Upcoming Events

  • Inu Wolf
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 1, 2010
      I can do handling too if I could get a ride perhaps I could try and persuade someone to come get me and id love to handle for you guys!

      ~Inu~

      We do not have a changing area.  We are planning to change in the Bear Mobile.  I know Sabot, Scritch, Silverone and Ari are definitely suiting.  I know Nikki and I are handling.  I think Sophie is too.  I might need another handler because it would be nice to have one handler per suiter since it is going to be crazy down there.  Bring your suit and we shall see.
      Carol

      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 1, 2010
        Well inu, depends on your location.
        Sent from me on a device that is here

        Inu Wolf <InuyashaWolfen@...> wrote:

        >I can do handling too if I could get a ride perhaps I could try and persuade someone to come get me and id love to handle for you guys!
        >
        >~Inu~
        >

        >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >

        >We do not have a changing area. We are planning to change in the Bear Mobile. I know Sabot, Scritch, Silverone and Ari are definitely suiting. I know Nikki and I are handling. I think Sophie is too. I might need another handler because it would be nice to have one handler per suiter since it is going to be crazy down there. Bring your suit and we shall see.
        >Carol

      • Lion
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 1, 2010
          What do you mean by handlers? Sorry new to the scene and I want to come after work to see you guys on the 3rd.

        • ninjabunnymisaki@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 1, 2010
            A handler is like a second set of eyes for us suiters. You would point out obstacles that we might not see due to the limited vision while in-suit. And of course the small kids, possible tail pullers, trouble makers...ect.

            From: "Lion" <lion1fang@...>
            Sender: nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:59:36 -0000
            To: <nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com

            What do you mean by handlers? Sorry new to the scene and I want to come after work to see you guys on the 3rd.

            --- In nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com, Carol <carolhiggy@...> wrote:

            > We do not have a changing area. We are planning to change in the Bear Mobile.
            > I know Sabot, Scritch, Silverone and Ari are definitely suiting. I know Nikki
            > and I are handling. I think Sophie is too. I might need another handler
            > because it would be nice to have one handler per suiter since it is going to be
            > crazy down there. Bring your suit and we shall see.
            > Carol
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Carol
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 1, 2010
              Handlers are the people out of fursuit who are the eyes and ears for the performer.  You watch out for potential problems and such.  Examples, kids who have sticky fingers, overzealous people who pull tails etc.  Hazards such as puddles, sidewalks etc.  Fursuiters have limited visibility so they need someone to guide them and also speak for them since most don't talk in suit.  It is an important of fursuiting.
              Carol Kitty

            • sophie_manx@rocketmail.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 11, 2010
                Are tails ok at the Christmas Eve meet? I wanted to wear my husky tail again, but not in the house lol I know you mentioned not wearing it in there, but I was wondering if it was ok to wear to that meet? If not I'll just wear a hat.

                --- In nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <carolhiggy@...> wrote:

                > Hello Everyone,
                >
                > I am posting upcoming events for the month of December. There will be no Albuturkey this year!!! So please don't show up to Fur Central on Thanksgiving we won't be here.
                >
                > December 3, 2010 we have been invited to participate in Old Town's Lighting of the Christmas Tree. This is ran through the merchants of Old Town. Show your support by joining your local fursuiters. Ears, tails and Christmas garb welcome. We are scheduled to be there between 5-7 pm. If you are fursuiting please contact me first, we have limited space to how many can fursuit. I know confirmed are Sabot, Scritch (maybe), Ari, and Silverone (maybe).
                >
                > December 18, 2010 we are hosting a Holiday Party here at Fur Central. It will potluck and a white elephant gift exchange. 6 pm. Bring something slightly used or under $15. It should be fun. Please RSVP if you are coming.
                >
                > December 24, 2010 we are fursuiting in Old Town again. This is a great event as well. Lots of fun.
                >
                > December 31, 2010. We are hosting New Year's Eve party again. 7 pm. Again potluck and BYOB. Please RSVP for this as well.
                >
                > Well that is about it for now. Announcements will be updated.
                >
                > Carol

              • Carol
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 12, 2010
                  Tails, ears, hats are welcome!!!

                  Are tails ok at the Christmas Eve meet? I wanted to wear my husky tail again, but not in the house lol I know you mentioned not wearing it in there, but I was wondering if it was ok to wear to that meet? If not I'll just wear a hat.

                  --- In nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <carolhiggy@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Everyone,
                  >
                  > I am posting upcoming events for the month of December. There will be no Albuturkey this year!!! So please don't show up to Fur Central on Thanksgiving we won't be here.
                  >
                  > December 3, 2010 we have been invited to participate in Old Town's Lighting of the Christmas Tree. This is ran through the merchants of Old Town. Show your support by joining your local fursuiters. Ears, tails and Christmas garb welcome. We are scheduled to be there between 5-7 pm. If you are fursuiting please contact me first, we have limited space to how many can fursuit. I know confirmed are Sabot, Scritch (maybe), Ari, and Silverone (maybe).
                  >
                  > December 18, 2010 we are hosting a Holiday Party here at Fur Central. It will potluck and a white elephant gift exchange. 6 pm. Bring something slightly used or under $15. It should be fun. Please RSVP if you are coming.
                  >
                  > December 24, 2010 we are fursuiting in Old Town again. This is a great event as well. Lots of fun.
                  >
                  > December 31, 2010. We are hosting New Year's Eve party again. 7 pm. Again potluck and BYOB. Please RSVP for this as well.
                  >
                  > Well that is about it for now. Announcements will be updated.
                  >
                  > Carol

                • Carol
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 8, 2011
                    Hello Everyone,

                    Just a reminder about April Events:

                    Sunday April 10, 2011 is the Furbowl at Lucky 66 Bowl. This is $25 per person and goes to NM Animal Friends. I need to know if you are going so I can tell the event coordinator. Please let me know today!!! It starts at 2 pm and you must be there by then so we can get registered. Please wait for me if you get there a bit early.

                    Saturday April 16, 2011. We are having a furmeet for Sabot's birthday and Sirius' going away party. It is at our house, Furcentral. I am changing the time to 3 pm. We need to start the party early. It is still a potluck so please bring something to share whether it is a main course, appetizer, snack or drink.

                    That is all for now. Hope to see you at one of these events.

                    Carol Kitty
                  • Carol
                    Message 9 of 24 , Oct 19, 2011
                      Hello Everyone,

                      I thought I would post about our upcoming events.

                      October 29, 2011.
                      We have been asked by the City to fursuit Old Town for the Harvest Festival and entertain the crowds. Fursuiting will be from 4-6 pm. If you want to suit let me know. Also, I really need handlers. Please let me know here. We will park in the Museum parking lot this time be prepared to pay about $5 or less.

                      After fursuiting we will host a party at FurCentral. For those not handling or fursuiting, the party will start at 7:30 pm.

                      November 24, 2011.
                      We will be hosting Albuturkey. Sabot and I will open our house to furs who have no family or would like to escape their families and be with a "furry" family. We plan on making the turkeys and the main side dishes like stuffing, potatoes and such. We ask that all that plan to come RSVP and bring an appetizer, side or drinks. The RSVP is mandatory since we need to know how much Turkey to buy. We will start at 2 pm and go until we get tired.

                      December 2, 2011.
                      Again the City as asked us to fursuit Old Town for the Tree Lighting and Holiday Stroll. Fursuiting will be from 4:30-6:30 pm. We might go out to dinner afterwards. Again, we will park in the Museum parking lot and pay about $5 or less.

                      December 16, 2011.
                      We will be hosting a holiday/white elephant party. This was a big hit last year. Time and more details to be announced later.

                      December 24, 2011.
                      We will be fursuiting Old Town again. More details to follow.

                      So there you have it...future events.

                      Carol Kitty
                    • matiaswolfman
                      Message 10 of 24 , Oct 19, 2011
                        I will definatly be attending the Dec. 16th party. I loved the whiter elephant from last year, and i might even bring my mate! :3

                        --- In nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <carolhiggy@...> wrote:

                        > Hello Everyone,
                        >
                        > I thought I would post about our upcoming events.
                        >
                        > October 29, 2011.
                        > We have been asked by the City to fursuit Old Town for the Harvest Festival and entertain the crowds. Fursuiting will be from 4-6 pm. If you want to suit let me know. Also, I really need handlers. Please let me know here. We will park in the Museum parking lot this time be prepared to pay about $5 or less.
                        >
                        > After fursuiting we will host a party at FurCentral. For those not handling or fursuiting, the party will start at 7:30 pm.
                        >
                        > November 24, 2011.
                        > We will be hosting Albuturkey. Sabot and I will open our house to furs who have no family or would like to escape their families and be with a "furry" family. We plan on making the turkeys and the main side dishes like stuffing, potatoes and such. We ask that all that plan to come RSVP and bring an appetizer, side or drinks. The RSVP is mandatory since we need to know how much Turkey to buy. We will start at 2 pm and go until we get tired.
                        >
                        > December 2, 2011.
                        > Again the City as asked us to fursuit Old Town for the Tree Lighting and Holiday Stroll. Fursuiting will be from 4:30-6:30 pm. We might go out to dinner afterwards. Again, we will park in the Museum parking lot and pay about $5 or less.
                        >
                        > December 16, 2011.
                        > We will be hosting a holiday/white elephant party. This was a big hit last year. Time and more details to be announced later.
                        >
                        > December 24, 2011.
                        > We will be fursuiting Old Town again. More details to follow.
                        >
                        > So there you have it...future events.
                        >
                        > Carol Kitty

                      • Katelynn Carter
                        Message 11 of 24 , Oct 20, 2011
                          Still up in the air, but we (WOOT! I can say "We" again!) *might* make the 29th. The rest alas you know the answer. :C

                          *~Katelynn~*

                          From: "Carol" <carolhiggy@...>
                          Sender: nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 00:09:00 -0000
                          To: <nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com>
                          ReplyTo: nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com
                          Subject: [nmfurcentral] Upcoming Events

                          Message 12 of 24 , Oct 20, 2011
                            I can make it at 7:30 for the party! Hope to be there

                            --- In nmfurcentral@yahoogroups.com, "Katelynn Carter" <ninjabunnymisaki@...> wrote:

                            > Still up in the air, but we (WOOT! I can say "We" again!) *might* make the 29th. The rest alas you know the answer. :C
                            > *~Katelynn~*

                          • EAGLE
                            Message 13 of 24 , Oct 21, 2011
                              I Would like to suit for the 29th. I will be bringing my cousin as my handler.

                              Message 14 of 24 , Oct 21, 2011
                                Can he handle more than 1 suiter?

                                Message 15 of 24 , Oct 21, 2011
                                  yeah, he's done it before