LLSA Semester Wrap-Up

  • Iggy
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2009
      Hello LLSA members!

      Unfortunately, no one was able to attend the last meeting and there is no convenient space or time to meet before the end of the semester. However, there is some important information that needs to be passed on to all LLSA members!

      -

      1. HNBA Mid-Year Conference & Moot Court Competition

      The Hispanic National Bar Association is having their mid-year conference in San Diego, CA, from march 4-6. During that time, there will be a moot court competition for 32 participating law schools. HNBA has released the issue for the competition, now we just need to put a team together and register. 3L Yesenia Rivera, an experienced moot court competitor, has volunteered to coach the team. We are looking to send 4-5 people to San Diego; the costs of flights, hotel, and registration will be covered by LLSA. Preparation for the competition will most likely be over winter break. Anyone interested in participating, please email Iggy (jose.tissera@...).

      -

      2. UDC Holiday Caroling

      2L Adrian Gottshall is planning a UDC Holiday caroling event at a nursing home for elderly DC residents over the weekend of Dec. 18-20, after exams. The purpose of the event would be to serve the community and lift the spirits of senior citizens throughout the holiday season. A happy hour will follow after the caroling. This is a good opportunity for LLSA to participate in a community service event and co-sponsor the happy hour. If you support LLSA co-sponsoring the event or would like to participate in the caroling, please email Iggy (jose.tissera@...).

      -

      3. HNBA Spring Semester Internship

      The HNBA seeks motivated undergraduate or law students to support its programs and mission. Specifically, this unpaid internship provides a unique opportunity to work on legal and policy issues important to the HNBA membership. In addition, the intern would provide support to the HNBA staff in planning and implementing its programs and events, including direct communication with HNBA partners, and serving as a liaison between the membership and key decision makers in Washington, D.C., and reaching out to the membership. The intern(s) would report to the Membership and Outreach Manager but may also work directly with the Executive Director, the HNBA staff, and the HNBA Board of Governors. (For more information, email Iggy)

      -

      Best of luck to everyone in the next coming weeks!
    • Alia Cambel
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2009
        Iggy,

        I am interested in the moot court competition but wanted to know some time frame as far as when we will be doing prep, since I will be in VA with my children during their break.

        Thanks

        Alia Cambel

        To: nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com
        From: jose.tissera@...
        Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:37:51 +0000
        Subject: [nllsa_dcsl] LLSA Semester Wrap-Up

        Hello LLSA members!

        Unfortunately, no one was able to attend the last meeting and there is no convenient space or time to meet before the end of the semester. However, there is some important information that needs to be passed on to all LLSA members!

        -

        1. HNBA Mid-Year Conference & Moot Court Competition

        The Hispanic National Bar Association is having their mid-year conference in San Diego, CA, from march 4-6. During that time, there will be a moot court competition for 32 participating law schools. HNBA has released the issue for the competition, now we just need to put a team together and register. 3L Yesenia Rivera, an experienced moot court competitor, has volunteered to coach the team. We are looking to send 4-5 people to San Diego; the costs of flights, hotel, and registration will be covered by LLSA. Preparation for the competition will most likely be over winter break. Anyone interested in participating, please email Iggy (jose.tissera@ udc.edu).

        -

        2. UDC Holiday Caroling

        2L Adrian Gottshall is planning a UDC Holiday caroling event at a nursing home for elderly DC residents over the weekend of Dec. 18-20, after exams. The purpose of the event would be to serve the community and lift the spirits of senior citizens throughout the holiday season. A happy hour will follow after the caroling. This is a good opportunity for LLSA to participate in a community service event and co-sponsor the happy hour. If you support LLSA co-sponsoring the event or would like to participate in the caroling, please email Iggy (jose.tissera@ udc.edu).

        -