VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!

  • Iggy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2009
      Hey everyone!

      At the last LLSA meeting there were a few big announcements made. We understand that it's crunch time for midterms, but we just want to be sure this information gets out.

      THIS WEEKEND!!

      The Cuban Music Festival is this Saturday, Oct. 10, 2009, from 1 PM to 9 PM at the University Yard at GWU on H St. NW between 21st and 22nd Sts. 3L Alex Beraud is one of the event coordinators and he secured LLSA a table for the event. We need volunteers to man the table and make a show of presence at the event. The National Hispanic Bar Association will be present at the table as well, so this will be a good networking opportunity as well. You do not need to stay for the whole event, and more likely than not the tables will be closed up around 5 or 6 PM. The event is FREE so bring out your friends! There will be plenty of good music all day long. If you would like to volunteer to help man the table, please email Iggy (jose.tissera@...).

      Health Care Debate

      The Federalist Society has asked LLSA to help cater the Health Care Debate scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 29, 2009, in Rm. 201 at 12:30 PM. Based on the HUGE success of the last Taste of Latin America, there's bound to be a great turn out here as well. While LLSA will not be selling its food, FedSoc will be reimbursing each person for the meal they bring in. If you would like to volunteer a dish, email Iggy with your planned meal (jose.tissera@...). *REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS!* You can only be reimbursed if you have a receipt to show your expenses!

      On a separate note, as midterms are upon us, followed quickly by finals, the LLSA Academic Adviser has opened up the LLSA Library to our members. If there are any supplements or outlines you are looking for, please contact the Academic Adviser Ramon Ruiz (r.ruiz@...) with your name, class, and requested material.

      Good luck!