LLSA Meeting Review
- Hello LLSA members!
Our first meeting went well and we are ready to kick off the academic year.
1. LLSA Elections
First and foremost, we need to elect a new board for the upcoming year. The positions are:
- President: Figure head of the UDC LLSA chapter; deals with the law school administration and conducts the General Body meetings
- Academic Adviser: Provides law supplements to members from the LLSA library collection and can organize study sessions if necessary.
- Community Service: In charge of community outreach programs
- Treasurer: Handles LLSA's budget for the academic year
- Secretary: Keeps minutes of meetings and posts notices and updates on the listserv.
Currently, the following people have been nominated:
President: Iggy Tissera
Academic Adviser: Ramon Ruiz
Community Service: Jessica Acosta
Treasurer: Richard Luchs, John Rios
Secretary: Chris Thomas, Moc Perez
Please email your nominations to riveray76@... by this Friday, Sept. 4. You may nominate yourself or a fellow LLSA member.
2. Taste of Latin America
It is a tradition to kick of Latin American Awareness Month (Sept. 15 - Oct. 15) with the Taste of Latin America. This is a popular fund-raising event where LLSA members contribute a dish to be sold at lunch time to the student body.
If you would like to donate a dish, please send an email to either Jessica Acosta (jessicaacosta47@...) or Dago Zavala (dzavala1@...).
The Taste of Latin America event will be Wednesday, Sept. 16, at 12:30 PM in either Rm. 202 or 203.
3. Next Meeting
We will hold the next LLSA meeting on Thursday, Sept. 10, at 12:30 PM, probably in Rm. 205, where we will hold the board elections and make preparations for the Taste of Latin America.