LLSA Meeting Review

  • igmasta5
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2009
      Hello LLSA members!

      Our first meeting went well and we are ready to kick off the academic year.

      1. LLSA Elections

      First and foremost, we need to elect a new board for the upcoming year. The positions are:

      - President: Figure head of the UDC LLSA chapter; deals with the law school administration and conducts the General Body meetings

      - Academic Adviser: Provides law supplements to members from the LLSA library collection and can organize study sessions if necessary.

      - Community Service: In charge of community outreach programs

      - Treasurer: Handles LLSA's budget for the academic year

      - Secretary: Keeps minutes of meetings and posts notices and updates on the listserv.

      Currently, the following people have been nominated:

      President: Iggy Tissera
      Academic Adviser: Ramon Ruiz
      Community Service: Jessica Acosta
      Treasurer: Richard Luchs, John Rios
      Secretary: Chris Thomas, Moc Perez

      Please email your nominations to riveray76@... by this Friday, Sept. 4. You may nominate yourself or a fellow LLSA member.

      2. Taste of Latin America

      It is a tradition to kick of Latin American Awareness Month (Sept. 15 - Oct. 15) with the Taste of Latin America. This is a popular fund-raising event where LLSA members contribute a dish to be sold at lunch time to the student body.

      If you would like to donate a dish, please send an email to either Jessica Acosta (jessicaacosta47@...) or Dago Zavala (dzavala1@...).

      The Taste of Latin America event will be Wednesday, Sept. 16, at 12:30 PM in either Rm. 202 or 203.

      3. Next Meeting

      We will hold the next LLSA meeting on Thursday, Sept. 10, at 12:30 PM, probably in Rm. 205, where we will hold the board elections and make preparations for the Taste of Latin America.