Re: Taste of Latin America Back ON!!!! --- March 3rd- Tues--- UPDATES

  • nadya
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
      --- In nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com, "TISSERA, JOSE"
      <jose.tissera@...> wrote:

      > From: nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com [nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of TISSERA, JOSE [jose.tissera@...]
      > Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:25 PM
      > To: nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: RE: [nllsa_dcsl] Re: Taste of Latin America Back ON!!!! -
      -- March 3rd- Tues--- UPDATES

      > From: nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com<mailto:nllsa_dcsl%
      40yahoogroups.com> [nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com<mailto:nllsa_dcsl%
      40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of nadya
      [ndmkat101@...<mailto:ndmkat101%40yahoo.com>]
      > Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:55 PM
      > To: nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com<mailto:nllsa_dcsl%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [nllsa_dcsl] Re: Taste of Latin America Back ON!!!! ---
      March 3rd- Tues--- UPDATES

      > --- In nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com<mailto:nllsa_dcsl%
      40yahoogroups.com><mailto:nllsa_dcsl%40yahoogroups.com>, "nadya"
      <ndmkat101@> wrote:

      > > Hello All,
      > >
      > > After speaking with Yesenia Rivera we have decided to organize
      the
      > > Taste of Latin America Event yet again!!!
      > > Dago/Treasurer how much money do we have left????
      > >
      > > We need OUR members help on this event. Below is a list of tasks
      > > that need to be taken care of in order to get this event off the
      > > ground:
      > >

      > > Flyers- Mel n Nadya
      > >
      > > Book the Room- Yesenia Rivera
      > >
      > > Food Warmers- ?
      > >
      > > Forks, knives, spoons, napkins, etc..- Iggy
      > >
      > > Dinner and Dessert plates- Iggy
      > >
      > > Salad---Jessenia Maldonado
      > >
      > > Dessert-
      > - rum cake- Farrah
      > - Flan- Yesenia R.
      > >
      > > Beef Trasitos- Diana
      > >
      > > Mexican rice- Nadya
      > >
      > > Arroz con pollo- Melanie
      > > Chicken drumsticks (estilo dominicano) - Melanie
      > >
      > > Salsa- Juan
      > >
      > > Chips- Juan
      > >
      > > Red Beans- Diana
      > >
      > > Drinks- ? (we need more drinks)
      > > - water- Michael
      >
      > > Other suggestions- ?
      > > Empanadas - Iggy
      > >

      > > If you all think of any thing else please copy this list and re-
      > post
      > > with additions. FYI proceeds will go to the registration fee for
      > > HNBA Mid-Conference. Hope to hear from you all soon!
      > >

      > > Nadya, Mel, Diana, & Iggy

    • Jessie82578
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2009
        Wanted to update you guys on what I'm bringing tomorrow:

        1. Regular Lettuce and Tomato Salad
        2. Salsa Pasta Salad
        3. Avocado and Tomato Salad

        Should be a great event tomorrow, hope we'll have enough food to raise
        money!!!

        Thanks,
        Jessenia

        --- In nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com, "nadya" <ndmkat101@...> wrote:

        > --- In nllsa_dcsl@yahoogroups.com, "TISSERA, JOSE"

      • Gustavo Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2009
          Nadya wanted me to out out an email on the listserve requesting someone to provide soft drinks and ice.  I'm not sure if I'll be back from my errands in time to be there before the event starts, but if someone's willing, I'll donate money and either 1) reimburse you or 2) leave the money in your mailbox before I run my errands.

          -G

          HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.
        • nadya
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009
            Hello All,

            I just wanted to thank everyone for coming together and helping create such a successful event with little notice. There were tons of compliments on all the dishes including the exotic concoction of "salsa and chips"! :)

            The food and efforts were very impressive and I hope we can keep up the motivation to keep LLSA active through the end of this year, and the next, and the next..... well you get the idea.

            Also, the Hispanic Bar Association of D.C. is having an event tomorrow at La Tasca in Chinatown from 7-9pm. Diana and I will head that way around 7:45pm after our last class and you all are more than welcom to join us, otherwise we hope to see you there!

            Ciao,

            Nadya Maldonado