First Meeting?

  • vmedu2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2009
      Hi all!

      I hope everyone was able to catch up on some zzz and have some fun
      during our very short break.

      I was wondering when is the first meeting of the spring semester? From
      what I understand the 1Ls take over (whatever that means) and I know
      some of my classmates had some really good ideas. I just want to get
      the ball going before we all get swamped with work again!

      Thanks!!

      Viviana
    • ceciblue2000@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2009

        Yeah we should have a meeting soon...maybe next week ...Tues between 12-5 works for me ????

        Diana

        I hope everyone was able to catch up on some zzz and have some fun
        during our very short break.

        I was wondering when is the first meeting of the spring semester? From
        what I understand the 1Ls take over (whatever that means) and I know
        some of my classmates had some really good ideas. I just want to get
        the ball going before we all get swamped with work again!

        Thanks!!

        Viviana

      • Jose Ignacio Tissera
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2009
          That'd work for me too. 1Ls have class at 2, so between 12 and 2 would be fine.

          > Yeah we should have a meeting soon...maybe next week ...Tues between
          > 12-5 works for me ????
          >
          > Diana

        • Dagoverto Zavala, Jr.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2009
            I agree, we need to have an organizing meeting as soon as possible to allow first year law students to take over key responsibilities and to plan for our upcoming events.  We have close to $2000 in SBA money and none of it has been spent.

            We need to get active and start spending!

            dago

          • Nelisbeth Sanchez
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 9, 2009
              Hello:

              I graduated in 2007 and I am looking for a law clerk to help out at my law office. The job would allow the person to get experience doing research along with helping to organize some of our files. Our previous law clerk Beth Donchez (a 2L) is leaving us and we are looking for her replacement. Our case load consist of family law, immigration, business law, bankruptcy, real estate, land lord tenant, estate planning, and other civil litigation. Our offices are two blocks away from the Silver Spring Metro. If anyone is interested please send me your resume.

              For those that do not know me on this list-serve... As a 3L, I was the President of this organization at school.

              Thanks,
              Nelisbeth Y. Ball, Esq.
              The Law Office of Abebe & Ball, LLC
              8720 Georgia Avenue, Suite 1000