Internship Opportunity for 1 & 2Ls

  • joizee21
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2008
      I received the following email from a recent grad. It's an unpaid
      internship opportunity with an immigration law firm in Dupont.
      Hopefully someone will be interested!! Sounds like a great opportunity!

      ***********************

      Hi Melanie,

      I am looking for an intern (crazy, I just was an intern myself), but I
      know you third-years are all busy with clinic (and my heart goes out
      to you on that). Unfortunately, I am not so familiar with the newer
      UDC classes so I was hoping you could help me send this request along
      to the LLSA folks. About a month ago I found a job as an immigrants'
      rights attorney working for a boutique immigration law firm in Dupont.
      Now I am looking for a 1st or 2nd year UDC-DCSL student interested in
      pursuing a career in immigration law to help me on a project.

      My boss wants to gather some background research for use in either a
      policy comment or lawsuit against the government. We are analyzing
      the real-life side of an employment-based immigration regulation. The
      short story: we believe the immigration service has created, yet
      again, another way of looking at something that completely deviates
      from reality and we want someone to look into old cases and show that
      history has proven their assumptions wrong.

      A 1L would be perfect, as it is a good chance to get your feet wet in
      immigration law without being too law heavy. Outside of the first
      meeting, the research can be done from home for the most part.
      Unfortunately, it is not a paid gig, but it could turn into one down
      the road depending on where this case goes. In the meantime, it is
      something interesting to add to the resume.

      Please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested. If
      you know of someone, they can email me directly so that I can give
      more details.

      Hope everything is going well. You are super close to being done!

      Thanks,

      Jimmy