Latinas for Obama VP Debate Party

  • yesenia polanco
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hola jente -
      Please ignore this message if you are not an Obama/Biden supporter. It is not meant to offend, disturb, or even even cause you a bad day.

      Supporters - come out! I can't wait to hang out! I am driving from Chesapeake and Connecticut if anyone wants to carpool. I can pick you up at UDC....bueno????

      Yesenia Polanco
      On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Mayra Alvarez <mealvarez03@...> wrote:
      Amigos y Amigas,

      Please join us this Thursday night as my Latina friends and I host the "Latinas for Obama/Biden Vice Presidential Debate Party."  Many of you know the crew putting this together-- Me, Marieli Colon-Padilla, Delia de la Vara, Carolina Espinal, Melody Gonzales, Anna Lopez, Angela Manso, Gloria Montano, Roxana Olivas, Jezzika Perez, Susie Saavedra, Zuraya Tapia, Sara Valenzuela, and other Democratic Latinas.

      This event is brought to you by Latinas, but ALL ARE WELCOME. Men and women, Latinos and non-Latinos, are invited to join us for a fabulous and fun night.

      "...I believe deeply that we canot solve the challenges of your time unless we solve them together - unless we perfect our union by understanding that we may have different stories, but we hold common hopes; that we may not look the same and we may not have come from the same place, but we all want to move in the same direction - towards a better future for our children and our grandchildren.  This belief comes from my unyielding faith in the decency and generosity of the American people." ~Barack Obama

      Together, we can help elect Barack Obama and make real change happen for our country, now and in the future. Please see details below and on the attached flyer and forward this invite to your friends and colleagues!

      Pa'lante!

      Hope to see you,
      Mayra

      THE LATINAS FOR OBAMA/BIDEN
      Vice Presidential Debate Watch Party

      When:  Thursday, October 2, 2008

                  7:00pm - 9:00 Music, mingling, & remarks by Special Guests

                  9:00pm TVs will be set-up so we can watch Senator Joe
                  Biden take on Governor Sarah Palin in the Vice
                  Presidential Debate.

      Where:  Nena, the 2nd floor bar above Guarapo
                  2039 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22201
                 *METRO: Orange/Blue line Courthouse metro stop

      EVENT PURPOSE:
      * To make a political statement showing that we, as Democratic Latinas, stand in strong support of Senator Barack Obama and Senator Joe Biden.
      SPECIAL GUESTS:
      * Emma Violand-Sanchez, Democratic Candidate, Arlington County Public Schools
      * Walter Tejada, Chairman of the Arlington County Board and highest ranking Latino in Virginia
      * Will Campos, Prince George's County Board of Supervisors, Maryland

      EVENT FEATURES:
      * A silent auction, with items donated by members of Congress.
      * Special Drinks (like shots of Hope and shots of Change).
      * Sassy give-aways