      From: Kenia Seoane <kenias@...>
      Subject: HBA-DC ANNUAL MEETING & ELECTIONS (THIS THURSDAY)
      To: kenias@..., "kenia seoane" <kenia.seoane-lopez@...>
      Date: Monday, January 18, 2010, 5:32 AM

      Hello,
      HBA-DC is having their annual meeting and ELECTIONS this THURSDAY, JANUARY 21st at the BEACON HOTEL (see message below for more information). As many of you know, I will assume the presidency that night and is critical that I have a great board that will work with me to take HBA-DC to next level! I am counting on all of you to come and support me as I have great trust in your judgment. In order to cast a vote you must be a member, if you are not a member you can sign up at the meeting on thursday. The cost of membership is below. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me 617-271-6188 (cel).
      I look forward to seeing all of you on THURSDAY!

      Saludos,
      Kenia

      Attorney Member - Firm Larger than 10 Attorneys ($50/calendar year)
      Attorney Member - Firm Less than 10 Attorneys/Government Attorneys, Non-Profit Attorneys ($40/calendar year)
      Associate Member (non-attorneys, $30/calendar year)
      Student Member (Free)

      Can't see this e-mail? Click here to view it online, or view your online message archive.

      HBA-DC

      NOTICE OF 2010 HBA-DC ANNUAL MEETING AND ELECTIONS

      &

      Membership Renewal Reminder

      The 2010 HBA-DC Annual Meeting & Elections will take place on January 21, 2010 at the Beacon Hotel, 1615 Rhode Island Avenue NW. Closest Metro stations to the hotel are Farragut North and Dupont Circle, both on the Red Line. The event will begin at 6:30 p.m. RSVP at www.hbadc.org/events. HBA-DC is seeking nominations for individuals to run for officer positions and to serve as general Board members. We are also looking for volunteers to serve on HBA-DC committees. As you may know, the organization now has over 800 members, and every year it takes on increasingly ambitious projects to promote Hispanic lawyers in the legal profession and assist the Hispanic community obtain equal justice. Thus, we are looking for dedicated, hard-working and creative people to lead the organization. If you would like to run for a position, or know someone who would serv e the organization well, please contact HBA-DC President Marlon Paz at mpaz@... with a cc to President-elect Kenia Seoane Lopez at kenias@.... Candidates will be asked to make a statement at the annual meeting. Detailed election procedures and officer descriptions are available here. Thank you for helping make this organization even stronger.

      Thanks to the active participation of our members, HBA-DC enjoyed a successful 2009, full of substantive programs and exciting events in the nation's capital. Moving into 2010, we are counting on your continued contribution and dedication to the HBA-DC's mission. To that end, we remind you that your HBA-DC membership expired at the end of December and must be renewed by or at the Annual Meeting on January 21, 2010 if you wish to vote in the 2010 elections. You may pay your dues by credit card and update your contact information through the Membership Section of the HBA-DC website (http://www.hbadc.org/people/), which features a secure Paypal(R) link and an online membership application. For those who elect to pay by check or money order, please mail your payment to:

      HBA-DC
      PO Box 1011
      Washington DC 20013-1011

      Members may also renew or join at the annual meeting.

      We look forward to another great year, and encourage your active involvement.

      Saludos,

      Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia

      www.hbadc.org

      Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia P.O. Box 1011
      Washington, D.C. 20013-1011
      E-mail: info@...
      HBA-DC Privacy Statement and Legal Disclaimer Logo by Carlos Lopez, Jr
      This e-mail was sent to kenias@...
      Go to http://www.hbadc.org/m/z3ds1rny to view this online
      Missed our previous e-mails? Go to http://www.hbadc.org/messaging/ to see your message archive
      Click here to unsubscribe