My Letter to Senate Candidate Anne Estabrook

  • Jim Bennett
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      My Letter to Republican Senate Candidate Anne
      Estabrook. Are there any other candidates out there -
      either party - to whom I could write a similar letter?

      ---------------------------

      November 1, 2007

      Ms Anne E Estabrook
      Estabrook for Senate
      PO Box 225
      Colonia NJ 07087-0225

      Re: Fair Tax, HR.25, S.1025

      Dear Ms. Estabrook,
      I am the volunteer Co-State Director of Americans for
      Fair Taxation, a non-partisan grassroots organization
      to educate the public and candidates about a bill that
      represents perhaps the most significant return of
      power to the people in history. Imagine saying goodbye
      to the IRS in a way that is serious, responsible, and
      has a chance! HR.25 and its companion bill, S.1025,
      the Fair Tax Act, would not only do that. Steve Moore
      of the Wall Street Journal has likened this bill to
      “putting the economy on steroids.”
      Because you are running for the United States Senate,
      we would like to brief your campaign on this important
      issue. The FairTax is a bill in Congress with 67
      sponsors in the House, among whom both political
      parties are represented, and 5 sponsors in the Senate,
      all Republican. In a nutshell, the FairTax is a
      progressive national retail sales tax on all US
      consumption, without exception but once and only once
      (used property is not taxed). It features a “pre-bate”
      to make it fair to low-income individuals, and it has
      been designed by the best economic minds in the
      country ($23 million worth of research) to be
      revenue-neutral. That is, it brings in to the federal
      government the same tax revenue as the taxes it
      replaces (FICA payroll taxes, corporate and individual
      income taxes [including interest, dividends, capital
      gains, and AMT] and estate taxes, gift taxes and
      generation -skipping taxes).
      The FairTax has a national organization with a small
      staff in Houston, Texas, and we now have volunteer
      representatives in all but three of New Jersey’s
      congressional districts. Our message is spreading
      one-by-one into communities throughout the state.
      If you choose to support the FairTax, you would be
      showing leadership on this important issue. I enclose
      one of our tri-folds for your review. For more
      information you can go to www.fairtax.org. Please let
      us know whether you are open to a good new idea and
      whether you or your economic policy team will receive
      a briefing on this bill. Thank you.
      Sincerely,

      James M. Bennett
      Co-State Director - Volunteer