NYTimes.com: Tax Cheats Called Out of Control

  • james@jamesbennett.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      E-Mail This
      The New York Times E-mail This
      This page was sent to you by:  james@...

      Message from sender:
      Here is an article in today's NY Times about cheating by the super rich. If we had the Fair Tax this all would not be an issue. I don't know how the estimate was derived.

      BUSINESS   | August 1, 2006
      Tax Cheats Called Out of Control
      By DAVID CAY JOHNSTON
      A Senate report estimates that cheating on federal income taxes totals as much as $70 billion a year.

      Most E-mailed
      1. Men Not Working, and Not Wanting Just Any Job
      2. Disowning Conservative Politics, Evangelical Pastor Rattles Flock
      3. The New Age: So Big and Healthy Grandpa Wouldn�t Even Know You
      4. Off the Beaten Path
      5. A Small Charity Takes Lead in Fighting a Disease

      »  Go to Complete List

      LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE is an American family road comedy that shatters the mold. Brazenly satirical and yet deeply human, the film introduces audiences to one of the most endearingly fractured families in recent cinema history - the Hoovers.
      Click here to watch trailer

      Do you love NY? Get the insider�s guide to where to stay, what to do and where to eat. Go to www.nytimes.com/travel for your NYC Guide now. Click here.

      Copyright 2006  The New York Times Company | Privacy Policy