4735forward to all, especially oath takers and those who know them

  • Kevin Haddock
    Jan 9, 2013
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOXTu9NyWpg

      -Kevin

      Someone once quoted Shakespeare to the philosopher W. V. O. Quine: "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy." The remark was meant as a put-down, a sort of "Yeah, what do you know?" To which Quine is said to have responded: "Possibly, but my concern is that there not be more things in my philosophy than are in heaven and earth." Quine was an Occamist. "Skeptics and True Believers" by Chet Raymo
      There be three kinds of unhappie men. 1. Qui scit & non docet, Hee that hath knowledge and teacheth not. 2. Qui docet & non vivit, He that teacheth, and liveth not thereafter. 3. Qui nescit, & non interrogat, He that knoweth not, and doth not enquire to understand. Coke's maxims Section 232b.