El Grande Expansions

  • Bobby Warren
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
      I've been waiting for Rio Grande to reprint the El Grande Expansions and now it looks like it isn't going to happen because the new editions of the base game are going to include all the expansions of the base game. So, does anyone have a copy of the expansions they are willing to trade OR does someone want to trade something to me for my copy of El Grande?

      ---------
      "Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought." --John Paul II

    • Jon Theys
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
        On 2/2/06, Bobby Warren <Bobby4th@...> wrote:

        > I've been waiting for Rio Grande to reprint the El Grande Expansions and
        > now it looks like it isn't going to happen because the new editions of the
        > base game are going to include all the expansions of the base game. So,
        > does anyone have a copy of the expansions they are willing to trade OR does
        > someone want to trade something to me for my copy of El Grande?

        Would it be in poor form for me to point out that I've owned El Grande,
        Grandissimo, and the Expansions for years now (they were amongst my first
        "German games" purchases), I absolutley LOVE El Grande...but I've never
        played Grandissimo or the Expansions?

        Same goes for El Caballero...sitting on my shelf, unplayed....

        -Jon
        AKA "THAT Guy"

      • Ed Rozmiarek
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
          On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:48:22 -0600, Jon Theys <anakinou@...>
          wrote:

          >Would it be in poor form for me to point out that I've owned El Grande,
          >Grandissimo, and the Expansions for years now (they were amongst my first
          >"German games" purchases), I absolutley LOVE El Grande...but I've never
          >played Grandissimo or the Expansions?
          Same here. El Grande gets pulled out once a year and the base game
          stays fresh for me and there are always newbies.

          >Same goes for El Caballero...sitting on my shelf, unplayed....
          That's a shame. "Evil Carcassone". Tile laying for grown ups. Play it
          soon.

          --
          Ed Rozmiarek
          edroz@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
            --- In nigglybits@yahoogroups.com, Jon Theys wrote:

            > Would it be in poor form for me to point out that I've owned El
            > Grande, Grandissimo, and the Expansions for years now (they were
            > amongst my first "German games" purchases), I absolutley LOVE El
            > Grande...but I've never played Grandissimo or the Expansions?

            Wow, thanks for offering to give the expansions to me. DO you need my
            address?

            > Same goes for El Caballero...sitting on my shelf, unplayed....

            You should pull it out and play it. It's fun...
          • Tami
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
              --- In nigglybits@yahoogroups.com, "Bobby Warren" <Bobby4th@...> wrote:
              > You should pull it out and play it. It's fun...

              Um...

              <twSs>
            • Jon Theys
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
                On 2/2/06, Tami <yatcher@...> wrote:

                > --- In nigglybits@yahoogroups.com, "Bobby Warren" <Bobby4th@...> wrote:
                > > You should pull it out and play it. It's fun...
                >
                > Um...
                >
                > <twSs>

                Well, we are talking about El Grande, after all....