Re: OMC Saildrives

  • quicksilver80us
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2002
      --- In niagarasailboatownerspage@y..., fulltilt2ca <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > There is a Yahoo site for owners of saildrives and particularly
      OMC
      > saildrives (used in some N26). The address is
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/saildriveowners/

      When we bought our N-26, the brochure showed a Volvo S-50
      model as the optional inboard unit. This used a Honda
      powerhead (gas), and was started with a recoil starter with the
      rope pull reachable from under the step.
      Considering the awful rep. of the OMC unit, I wonder how many
      were actually installed.

      Loren in Portland, OR
      N-26 #80, Ten happy years of racing and cruising.