Need Measurement for Cradle Building

  • doomdahdoomdoom
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2008
      Does anybody happen to know (or have their boat out of the water and
      is willing to measure) depth of the keel from the bottom of the hull
      on a Niagara 26?

      Actually if I could get the measurement from just a few inches forward
      of where the keel meets to the hull down to the bottom level of the
      keel that would be nice to have as well.
    • doomdahdoomdoom
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2008
        For the record, if anybody is ever looking for this measurement in the
        future, it is 34 inches.

        I ended up going off of pictures I had of the boat before launch and
        with a photoshop grid I had estimated 33 inches and built it to 31.5
        to be safe. At 31.5 It actually works fine with a thickly carpeted
        2x8 shim that can be removed for painting in the spring.

        Mark MacRae
        N26#150 "Panache"
        QCYC

        --- In niagarasailboatownerspage@yahoogroups.com, doomdahdoomdoom