UFOs: Richard Dolan's Book, Website & Articles

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2002

      EDITOR'S COMMENT:

      Richard ("Rich") Dolan's latest book, "UFOs and the National Security State"
      has been hailed as one of the most carefully researched and thoroughly
      documented books ever written on UFO's. Along with writing a very
      informative book, Rich also maintains an equally informative website,
      complete with excerpts from his book, updates, and current articles. In
      addition, Rich also sends out a monthly update to interested readers.

      and type "Subscribe to Updates" in Subject Field.

      To visit Rich's website:

      http://keyholepublishing.com/

      To order Rich's book via Amazon.Com:

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0967799503/newheavenneweart

      UFOS AND THE NATIONAL SECURITY STATE
      Volume One: 1941 to 1973
      By Richard M. Dolan

      Thanks to Robert Perry for alerting me to Rich's website.

      --- David Sunfellow

      ------------

      ALIEN ESSAYS
      By Richard M. Dolan

      http://keyholepublishing.com/essays.htm

      Note from Richard Dolan:

      "In addition to working on Volume 2 of my history of UFOs and the National
      Security State, I am writing articles concerning various aspects of the UFO
      phenomenon. Many of the themes in which I am interested have not, in my
      view, been adequately addressed in the past. This page of the website will
      be an ongoing project, and will contain a new article every month for at
      least the next year or two"

      SELECTIONS INCLUDE:

      SOME THOUGHTS ON J. ALLEN HYNEK
      http://keyholepublishing.com/Some%20Thoughts%20on%20J.%20Allen%20Hynek.htm

      This article is essentially an excerpt from the new edition of UFOs and the
      National Security State, with some minor changes. The book version, in turn,
      is expanded from the first edition. This article will surely irritate some
      people, but if you study the covert aspects of UFOs long enough, you must at
      some point reach the figure of J. Allen Hynek. Like so much in this field,
      Hynek is not as straightforward a subject as he at first glance seems. This
      article appears in the August/September 2002 issue of UFO Magazine.

      THE LIMITS OF SCIENCE IN UFO RESEARCH
      http://keyholepublishing.com/The%20Limits%20of%20Science%20in%20UFO%20Resear
      ch.htm

      This is my presentation to the annual MUFON International Symposium from
      July 6, 2002. It's rather long, and some parts of it are adapted or taken
      from earlier articles I've written. Most of it is original. Some of it may
      even be interesting.

      WHAT ARE THEY?
      http://keyholepublishing.com/What%20Are%20They.htm

      This is really the first time I have tried to express my thoughts on what
      exactly is behind the UFO phenomenon. It took me a long time to consider
      writing such thoughts down; indeed, it took some time to come to this
      understanding. I offer this piece as a speculation. I do not pretend that I
      have any better claim to the truth than the next theorist. I will say,
      however, that I would offer my interpretation against any others, and
      haven't really found anyone else making this argument. As far as I can tell,
      the argument I present is unique. As always, I am interested in comments
      from interested readers. This article appeared in the June/July 2002 issue
      of UFO Magazine.

      WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT UFOS, AND WHETHER IT MATTER
      http://keyholepublishing.com/What%20We%20Know%20About%20UFOs%20and%20Whether
      %20It%20Matters.htm

      This was going to be called "Official vs. Unofficial Culture" but I changed
      my mind. Essentially, this article is about what we know, why it matters,
      and why it doesn't. There are differences between knowing the truth and
      being able to act upon it. Yet, there is reason for optimism. Appears in the
      April/May 2002 issue of UFO Magazine.

      THE DEATH OF JAMES FORRESTAL: A STUDY IN SUBTERRANEAN HISTORY
      http://keyholepublishing.com/Death%20of%20James%20Forrestal.htm

      This one did indeed generate some strong reactions. I expected some to
      praise me as having shed important light on a very dark topic. I expected
      others to respond that I did nothing more than stir up the muddy waters of
      unprovable conspiracy theory. Either way, I had promised beforehand, I would
      do my best. Actually, though, I didn't really get any strongly negative
      comments -- not yet, although I am still waiting! Appeared in the December
      2001/January 2002 issue of UFO Magazine.

      STEVEN GREER AND THE DISCLOSURE PROJECT
      http://keyholepublishing.com/Steven%20Greer%20and%20the%20Disclosure%20Proje
      ct.htm

      Dr. Steven Greer's famous press conference of May 9, 2001 was expected by
      some to be a major step toward the ending of official UFO secrecy. In
      retrospect, this didn't appear to have been the case. Some thoughts on the
      pros and cons associated with Greer's Disclosure Project -- and the press
      conference, in particular. Appears in the October/November 2001 issue of UFO
      Magazine.

      EVERYWHERE, BY STEALTH
      http://keyholepublishing.com/Everywhere,%20by%20Stealth.htm

      Many people see UFOs; more than most people realize. But practically none of
      these stories are ever recorded. I¹ve spoken with many UFO witnesses - they
      keep these sightings to themselves. During Blue Book¹s heyday, Allen Hynek
      estimated that the program received less than 10 percent of all actual UFO
      sightings. And that was when people had somewhere to report what they saw.
      The implications of this are serious, indeed. Published in the
      August/September 2001 issue of UFO Magazine.

      THE LOST OPPORTUNITY: 1966 IN RETROSPECT
      http://keyholepublishing.com/Lost_opportunity.htm

      A historical review of what when wrong during that fateful year, when a
      breakthrough in the struggle to end UFO secrecy seemed possible. The story
      remains relevant today, as a new generation of UFO researchers and lobbyists
      are working toward the same goal. Look for it also in the June/July issue of
      UFO Magazine.

      SCIENCE, SECRECY, AND UFOLOGY
      http://keyholepublishing.com/science.htm

      Secrecy permeates the UFO field. What does this mean for Ufology as a
      science? Answer: the field cannot really be handled scientifically within
      the public domain. The great model is the Manhattan Project. When a project
      is undertaken at highly classified levels, you will find nothing of value
      about it within the mainstream. This was true during the development of the
      atomic bomb in the 1940s; it is true regarding the UFO. Published in the
      February/March 2001 issue of UFO Magazine.

      THE CIA, OFFICIAL HISTORY, AND YOU: A STUDY OF GERALD HAINES AND UFOS
      http://keyholepublishing.com/Haines.htm

      This is an analysis of some specious historical argumentation, by the
      official historian of the CIA, regarding CIA involvement in the UFO
      controversy. Haines' article appeared in 1997, received widespread comment
      by the press. Unfortunately (but not surprisingly), the mainstream
      commentary on this article was worthless. Haines' article, on the contrary,
      was not worthless, but served a very specific purpose, which I will
      elaborate on. This article was published in the Dec/Jan. 2001 issue of  UFO
      Magazine.

      FUTURE ESSAYS INCLUDE:

      HUMAN DESTRUCTION AND ALIEN PRESENCE: SOME IMPLICATIONS.

      I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we're in some serious trouble. Do
      the others realize this? Answer: probably.

      A WORD ON THE MAJOR: THE SIGNIFICANCE OF DONALD KEYHOE.

      The forgotten man who led the charge. It is said that Louis Armstrong made
      the jazz profession possible; the same is true for Keyhoe and Ufology.

      MORE ON SCI FI CHANNEL & WASHINGTON INSIDER UFO COLLABORATION (10/26/2002):

      CLINTON AIDE SLAMS PENTAGON'S UFO SECRECY (10/24/02):

      UFOS & THE NATIONAL SECURITY STATE (12/29/2001):