Avoid Scum Bag Internet Companies Using "Reseller Ratings"

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2002

      EDITOR'S COMMENT:

      I purchase an increasing number of products, especially high-priced items
      like camcorders and accessories, through the Net. There are many different
      websites designed to help you track down the lowest price on a given item:

      Price.Com:
      http://www.pricepulse.com/

      MySimon:
      http://www.mysimon.com/index.anml

      PriceScan:
      http://www.pricescan.com/

      PriceGrabber:
      http://www.pricegrabber.com/

      Unfortunately, many of the companies that show up on these low price lists
      (especially the lowest priced ones) are scams. So how can you find out if
      you are dealing with a reputable company -- a company that will sell you the
      product you are looking for, complete with all the original accessories,
      ship it on time, and promptly handle cancellation, exchange, and refund
      requests?

      Before you buy anything from a company you have never done business with,
      see what others have to say about them at Reseller Ratings:

      http://www.resellerratings.com/

      Thanks to Bruce Fraser for this tip!

      --- David Sunfellow