Two Articles: MMR Vaccinations Connected To Autism

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2002

      Thanks to Larry Morningstar.

      ------------

      MMR HAS STRONG ASSOCIATION WITH AUTISM, SAYS US RESEARCH
      By John von Radowitz
      The Independent
      August 9, 2002

      http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/health/story.jsp?story=322755

      New evidence suggesting a link between the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
      vaccine and autism emerged yesterday from the United States.

      Scientists at Utah State University found a strong association between the
      MMR jab and an auto-immune reaction thought to play a role in autism.

      The team, led by Dr Vijendra Singh, analysed blood samples from 125 autistic
      children and 92 children without the developmental disorder. The researchers
      found a "significant increase" in the level of MMR antibodies in the
      autistic children. Part of the measles component of the vaccine caused an
      unusual anti-measles response in 75 of the autistic children, but not in the
      normal children.

      More than 90 per cent of the autistic samples that showed an immune response
      to MMR were also positive for antibodies thought to be involved in autism.
      These antibodies attack the brain by targeting the basic building blocks of
      myelin, the insulating sheath that covers nerve fibres. Dr Singh suggested
      that auto-immune response might be the root cause of autism.

      The US scientists, who report their findings in the Journal of Biomedical
      Science, concluded: "Stemming from this evidence, we suggest that an
      inappropriate antibody response to MMR, specifically the measles component
      thereof, might be related to pathogenesis of autism."

      Dr Singh published previous work indicating a link between MMR and autism,
      concentrating on the brain's reaction. He has argued for years that autism
      can be traced to an auto-immune reaction centred on the brain. MMR fears
      have been blamed for a dip in the number of children being vaccinated
      between December and March.

      The pressure group Jabs (justice, awareness and basic support), which wants
      parents to have the option of giving their children single injections, said
      the research strengthened its case.

      Jonathan Harris, its West Midlands spokesman, said: "I really feel there's a
      very, very strong case now for suspending MMR use while further
      investigations are carried out. At the moment parents only have the choice
      of MMR or nothing. We think that's irresponsible of the Department of
      Health."

      ------------

      EXPERTS DIFFER WHILE CHILDREN CONTINUE TO SUFFER AUTISM
      By Kathy Sinnott
      Irish Examiner
      July 26, 2002

      http://www.examiner.ie/pport/web/opinion/Full_Story/did-sgSd9bGREwpTA.asp

      Over the past couple of years, we have seen medical authorities and medical
      correspondents reaching a not guilty verdict on the MMR causing autism.
      They justify this on the basis of scientific evidence. Maybe it's time the
      public understood this term. Scientific evidence is 100% evidence. Does the
      public realise that, by this definition, we cannot be sure that smoking
      causes lung cancer?

      Maybe it's time to note that there are other types of evidence:

      First, there is laboratory evidence. For example, there's the fact that our
      leading cell pathologist has discovered that a virus is causing a new type
      of ulceration in the bowels of children that regressed into autism, that the
      offending virus is a measles virus and that the sequenced DNA of this virus
      is that of the vaccine strain of measles, not wild measles.

      There is clinical evidence, that of physicians treating these children.
      Physicians who, because they recognise and treat the viral, heavy metal, and
      fungal overloads experienced by these children, are successfully improving
      these childrens' lives.

      Then there is anecdotal evidence. For example, on the Hope Project Helpline,
      we have heard hundreds of autism onset stories from parents and the vast
      majority of these implicate the MMR, and others the DPT vaccine in autism.

      Lastly, there is the eyewitness evidence of frightened parents who have
      watched their beautiful children slip away into the quagmire of autism
      within weeks of the MMR.

      It is a sad fact that the only evidence that seems acceptable in this debate
      (can you call something as lopsided as the MMR controversy in Ireland a
      debate?) is 100% scientific evidence. Hard and damning laboratory evidence
      seems to be ignored, clinical evidence is excused, anecdotal evidence
      ridiculed as scare-mongering and parental eyewitness evidence cannot be
      accepted by our guardians of drug safety, the Irish Medicines Board.

      So what will happen? For the time being, susceptible children and teenagers
      will continue to develop Autistic Spectrum disorders, bowel disease, eating
      disorders and bipolar, to name but a few, in ever increasing numbers.

      Eventually, the decision will be taken out of the hands of our medical
      guardians and Minister for Health and Children. A High Court judge will
      listen to all the types of evidence and he or she will make a legal decision
      on the balance of probability, 51% that the MMR caused the plaintiff to
      become autistic.

      Following a number of these decisions, a tribunal will be held and we will
      finally be able to understand how medical authority, money and politics
      allowed thousands of Irish children to be sacrificed to the requirements of
      100% "scientific evidence".

      Kathy Sinnott,
      Hope Project Secretary,
      St Josephs,
      Ballinhassig,
      Co Cork
      <hope.project@...>

      LIVING WITHOUT VACCINATIONS (12/8/2001):

      LEADING DOCTORS' GROUP OPPOSE MANDATORY VACCINATIONS (11/4/2001):

      -----------

      RELATED WEBSITES:

      NATIONAL VACCINE INFORMATION CENTER (NVIC):
      http://www.909shot.com

      DR. CLASSEN'S VACCINE SITE:
      http://www.vaccines.net/%c2%a0

      IMMUNIZATIONS:
      http://www.pcslink.com/~klove/immunize.htm

      VACCINE INFORMATION AND AWARENESS (VIA) WEB SITE:
      http://www.access1.net/via/

      CONCERNED PARENTS FOR VACCINE SAFETY:
      http://home.sprynet.com/~gyrene/index.htm

      ANTHRAX VACCINE INFORMATION: