Boeing Testing Anti-Gravity Devices

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2002

      BOEING CONFIRMS RESEARCH TO DEFY GRAVITY
      Ananova
      Monday, July 29, 2002

      http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_639171.html?menu=news.scienceanddiscove
      ry

      Boeing has confirmed it's carrying out tests on several anti-gravity devices
      which could allow almost fuelless aircraft and huge spacecraft.

      The company wants to join forces with a Russian scientist who claims to have
      developed a way to shield objects from gravity.

      Dr Yevgeny Podkletnov was ridiculed by sections of the science community
      when he released details of his research in 1996.

      He claimed objects above a spinning, superconducting disc lost weight, but
      other researchers say they have been unable to validate the results.

      A Boeing spokesman said: "We feel there is a basic science that exists for
      all this. We would very much like to work with the Russian scientist who is
      looking into all this."

      Nasa and the military wing of BAe Systems are also both working on
      anti-gravity research projects.

      Details of the Boeing project, called GRASP - Gravity Research for Advanced
      Space Propulsion - were revealed by Jane's Defence Weekly.

      The Boeing spokesman said: "We have conducted tests on a number of
      anti-gravity devices. These devices do not actually break the laws of
      physics.

      "We are trying to engineer the science in a way that produces something
      workable. It could help produce a transport system that works without fuel,
      or produce spacecraft."