Movie: 'Samsara'

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2013

      To keep up with NHNE's daily dose of news, videos, quotes, photos, and
      more, go here:
      http://www.facebook.com/newheavennewearth

      EDITOR'S COMMENT:

      You can watch this stunning film on Pulse. The Pulse resource page on
      Samsara also includes comments from the filmmakers and composer:

      http://nhne-pulse.org/movie-samsara/

      SAMSARA

      http://nhne-pulse.org/movie-samsara/

      SAMSARA reunites director Ron Fricke and producer Mark Magidson, whose
      award-winning films BARAKA and CHRONOS were acclaimed for combining
      visual and musical artistry.

      SAMSARA is a Sanskrit word that means ??the ever turning wheel of life??
      and is the point of departure for the filmmakers as they search for the
      elusive current of interconnection that runs through our lives. Filmed
      over a period of almost five years and in twenty-five countries, SAMSARA
      transports us to sacred grounds, disaster zones, industrial sites, and
      natural wonders. By dispensing with dialogue and descriptive text,
      SAMSARA subverts our expectations of a traditional documentary, instead
      encouraging our own inner interpretations inspired by images and music
      that infuses the ancient with the modern.

      Expanding on the themes they developed in BARAKA (1992) and CHRONOS
      (1985), SAMSARA explores the wonders of our world from the mundane to
      the miraculous, looking into the unfathomable reaches of man??s
      spirituality and the human experience. Neither a traditional documentary
      nor a travelogue, SAMSARA takes the form of a nonverbal, guided
      meditation. Through powerful images, the film illuminates the links
      between humanity and the rest of nature, showing how our life cycle
      mirrors the rhythm of the planet.

      The filmmakers approach non verbal filmmaking with an understanding that
      it must live up to the standard of great still photography, revealing
      the essence of a subject, not just its physical presence. SAMSARA was
      photographed entirely in 70mm film utilizing both standard frame rates
      and with a motion control time-lapse camera designed specifically for
      this project. This camera system allows perspective shifts to reveal
      extraordinary views of ordinary scenes. The images were then transferred
      through the highest resolution scanning process available to the new 4K
      digital projection format that allows for mesmerizing images of
      unprecedented clarity. SAMSARA will be a showpiece for the new,
      high-resolution 4K digital projection, the HD format, as well as
      standard digital and film projection.

      Wikipedia on Samsara
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsara_(2011_film)

      Samsara Website
      http://barakasamsara.com/

      Samsara on Facebook
      https://www.facebook.com/SamsaraFilm

      Samsara on Twitter
      https://twitter.com/samsarafilm

      Samsara on Vimeo
      http://vimeo.com/barakasamsara

      David Sunfellow
      Founder & President
      NewHeavenNewEarth (NHNE)
      nhne@...

      To subscribe to NHNE's News List, send a message to:
      nhnenews-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To unsubscribe to NHNE's News List, send a message to:

      To support NHNE
      http://bit.ly/1UPp8x

      NewHeavenNewEarth (NHNE)
      http://nhne.org

      How Near-Death Experiences Are Changing The World
      http://goo.gl/wWEM3

      NHNE NDE
      http://nhne-nde.org

      NHNE NDE Resource Center & Social Network
      http://nhneneardeath.ning.com

      NHNE Pulse NDE Resource Page
      http://nhne-pulse.org/resource_pages/near-death-experiences/

      NDE Stories