'Sirius' Documentary Reveals DNA of '6-Inch Alien'

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2013

      To keep up with NHNE's daily dose of news, videos, quotes, photos, and
      more, go here:
      http://www.facebook.com/newheavennewearth

      'SIRIUS' DOCUMENTARY REVEALS DNA TEST RESULTS ON ATA, THE '6-INCH ALIEN'
      By Lee Speigel
      Huffington Post
      April 23, 2013

      http://nhne-pulse.org/new-ufo-documentary-sirius/

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/sirius-documentary-dna-re_n_3135628.html

      The mummified remains of what looks like a 6-inch space alien has turned
      "Sirius" into the most eagerly awaited documentary among UFO enthusiasts.

      The findings, however, might come as a disappointment.

      In early publicity, filmmakers claimed the documentary would reveal that
      the DNA of the creature with an oversized alien-looking head couldn't be
      medically classified.

      In fact, the film, which premiered Monday in Hollywood, features a
      scientist who concluded the little humanoid was human.

      "I can say with absolute certainty that it is not a monkey. It is human
      -- closer to human than chimpanzees. It lived to the age of six to
      eight. Obviously, it was breathing, it was eating, it was metabolizing.
      It calls into question how big the thing might have been when it was
      born,"said Garry Nolan, director of stem cell biology at Stanford
      University's School of Medicine in California.

      "The DNA tells the story and we have the computational techniques that
      allows us to determine, in very short order, whether, in fact, this is
      human," Nolan, who performed the DNA tests, explains in the film.

      "Sirius" focuses on the remains of the small humanoid, nicknamed Ata,
      that was discovered in Chile's Atacama Desert 10 years ago and has,
      literally, gone through different hands and ownership since then.

      The film also explores an ongoing grassroots movement to get the U.S.
      government to reveal what it reportedly knows about UFOs,
      extraterrestrials and the availability of advanced alternative energy
      technologies that could greatly benefit everyone on Earth.

      The primary force behind "Sirius" is Steven Greer, a former emergency
      room doctor who founded the Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial
      Intelligence (CSETI) and The Disclosure Project.

      One odd thing about the Ata controversy is how it came to the recent
      attention of the American public.

      Early in the documentary, Greer refers to Ata as an extraterrestrial
      being, explaining how it was found in the Atacama Desert and "we don't
      know how it came about." That seems strange because HuffPost recently
      reported on the well known history of little Ata since its discovery 10
      years ago and subsequent moving from hand to hand, ending up in Spain.

      Early PR for "Sirius" referred to the "paradigm shifting physical
      evidence of a medically and scientifically analyzed DNA sequenced
      humanoid creature of unknown classification." This fueled rumors,
      speculation and more than likely, the hope many people had that,
      finally, a real alien creature had been discovered and proven to have
      non-human DNA.

      But now that the film is available to everybody, and DNA analysis shows
      that Ata was human, was that early PR hype about the humanoid a bit
      premature?

      "My interest, frankly, is to disprove that it's anything unusual or
      anything paranormal," Nolan said prior to beginning his DNA study of the
      small portions of Ata he was allowed to work with. "I would like to
      prove that this is human [and] just an interesting mutation. In every
      situation with scientists, your reputation's at stake. I have every
      expectation that even doing this is going to lead to some ribbing from
      some of my colleagues."

      One of the leading theories going into the DNA testing was that Ata may
      have been an unborn fetus. But, even that turned out to be incorrect,
      according to Nolan's surprising (or not, depending on your point of
      view) conclusions of his investigation.

      "The sequence that we got from the mitochondria [energy factories of
      cells] tells us with extremely high confidence that the mother was an
      indigenous Indian from the Chilean area. The other thing that
      immediately fell out of the analysis is that it's male. It probably died
      in the last century, if I were to make a guess."

      Nolan concedes he entered this study thinking that DNA was the answer,
      but then realized there were other biology questions about Ata that
      still needed to be understood and answered. He plans to eventually
      publish his findings after more analysis.

      Will the public be disappointed or relieved that Ata has so far been
      classified as human?

      The rest of "Sirius" -- from Emmy-winning director Amardeep Kaleka and
      narrated by actor Thomas Jane -- includes numerous government and
      military witnesses talking about their beliefs in extraterrestrial
      visitation to Earth as well as their opinions on advanced alternative
      energy sources they feel should be made public.

      "There have been attempts to bring this information out for over 60
      years. Here we sit with the world still burning oil and gas and coal,
      when we have had technology, sciences and all the information we need to
      have had a completely new civilization," says Greer, who will be one of
      many speakers at next week's Citizen Hearing On Disclosure in
      Washington, D.C.

      While "Sirius" doesn't completely live up to the "alien entity" hype
      that's been generated over the past few weeks, it does offer many points
      of view from legitimate investigators trying to provide as much
      information to the public about the UFO-ET subject.

      RELATED LINKS:

      Sirius Website
      http://www.siriusdisclosure.com/

      Sirius on Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/SiriusTheMovie

      The Disclosure Project
      http://disclosureproject.com/

      The Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence (CSETI)
      http://www.cseti.org/

      The Orion Project
      http://www.theorionproject.org/en/

      National Press Club Disclosure Event in May, 2001
      http://disclosureproject.com/

      Pulse on UFOs and Extraterrestrials
      http://nhne-pulse.org/ufos/

      David Sunfellow
      Founder & President
      NewHeavenNewEarth (NHNE)
      nhne@...

      Support NHNE
      http://bit.ly/1UPp8x

      NewHeavenNewEarth (NHNE)
      http://nhne.org

      How Near-Death Experiences Are Changing The World
      http://goo.gl/wWEM3

      NHNE NDE
      http://nhne-nde.org

      NHNE NDE Resource Center & Social Network
      http://nhneneardeath.ning.com

      NHNE Pulse NDE Resource Page
      http://nhne-pulse.org/resource_pages/near-death-experiences/

      NDE Stories