Occupy Wall Street

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 11:42 PM

      Keep up with all the news in NHNE's universe, visit NHNE Pulse:

      Occupy Wall Street is an ongoing demonstration opposing what
      participants view as negative corporate influence over U.S. politics and
      a lack of legal repercussions over the global financial crisis. The aim
      of the demonstration is to begin a sustained occupation of Wall Street,
      the financial district of New York City, to draw attention to Wall
      Street's misdeeds and call for structural economic reforms. Organizers
      intend for the occupation to last "as long as it takes to meet our
      demands." Demands are in the process of being negotiated and developed.

      .occupywallst.org <https://occupywallst.org/>
      .Daily Kos: Occupy Wall Street
      .Occupy TVNY on YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/OccupyTVNY>

      Visit Pulse to watch related videos:

      ByPlutocracyFilesFollow <http://www.dailykos.com/user/PlutocracyFiles>
      Daily Koz
      October 1, 2011

      Original Link

      This was unanimously voted on by all members of Occupy Wall Street last
      night, around 8pm, Sept 29. It is our first official document for
      release. We have three more underway, that will likely be released in
      the upcoming days:

      1) A declaration of demands.

      2) Principles of Solidarity

      3) Documentation on how to form your own Direct Democracy Occupation Group.

      This is a living document. you can receive an official press copy of the
      latest version by emailing c2anycga@....

      *Declaration of the Occupation of New York City*

      As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass
      injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write
      so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world
      can know that we are your allies.

      As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of
      the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system
      must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to
      the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their
      neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the
      people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the
      people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the
      process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when
      corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over
      justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have
      peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

      They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process,
      despite not having the original mortgage.

      They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to
      give Executives exorbitant bonuses.

      They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace
      based on age, the color of one's skin, sex, gender identity and sexual

      They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined
      the farming system through monopolization.

      They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment
      of countless nonhuman animals, and actively hide these practices.

      They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to
      negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.

      They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of
      debt on education, which is itself a human right.

      They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as
      leverage to cut workers' healthcare and pay.

      They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people,
      with none of the culpability or responsibility.

      They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to
      get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.

      They have sold our privacy as a commodity.

      They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the

      They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering
      lives in pursuit of profit.

      They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their
      policies have produced and continue to produce.

      They have donated large sums of money to politicians supposed to be
      regulating them.

      They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on

      They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save
      people's lives in order to protect investments that have already turned
      a substantive profit.

      They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty
      bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.

      They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their
      control of the media.

      They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when
      presented with serious doubts about their guilt.

      They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.

      They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians

      They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive
      government contracts.*

      To the people of the world,

      We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty
      Square, urge you to assert your power.

      Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a
      process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions
      accessible to everyone.

      To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of
      direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the
      resources at our disposal.

      Join us and make your voices heard!

      *These grievances are not all-inclusive.

      NHNE Wavemaker News List:

      Send Some Green Love To NHNE:

      NHNE Pulse:

      Sunfellow on Google+