The Jerusalem UFO - MUFON Believes It Is A Hoax

  • NHNE Wavemaker List
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 12:17 PM

      New Computer Fundraiser
      Amount Needed: $2349.00
      Amount Raised: $683.00
      Amount Still Needed: $1666.00
      Number of people who have helped: 17
      Where to go to lend a hand: http://bit.ly/1UPp8x

      ---------------

      Watch four of these videos on Pulse:

      http://nhne-pulse.org/the-jerusalem-ufo/

      ---------------

      MUFON EXPERT DISMISSES JERUSALEM UFO AS A HOAX
      UFO Briefcase
      March 29, 2011

      http://nhne-pulse.org/the-jerusalem-ufo/

      http://ufobriefcase.net/2011/03/29/mufon-dismisses-jerusalem-ufo-as-a-hoax/

      The Jerusalem UFO incident continues to create a stir with new viral videos
      that seem to launch on an almost daily basis. One such video, now referred
      too as the 6th Jerusalem UFO video, features up-close footage with
      unparalleled clarity -- the holy grail of UFO videos -- Or does it?

      Further into our investigation of this particular case, we asked MUFON¹s
      chief Photo & Video Analyst, Mr Marc Dantonio to view the videos and comment
      on their authenticity.

      Mr Dantonio commented that after analysing the 6th Jerusalem UFO Video (see
      below) that he ³felt very strongly that it is, in his opinion, a CG hoax².
      He described the video as Œcomputer generated¹ and therefore serves as the
      primary determination to this particular video¹s veracity.

      Marc Dantonio of MUFON stated ³I firmly believe that the UFO was not real³.

      According to MUFON¹s chief video analyst when individuals create a hoax to
      pass off as a real incident, they tend to leave behind tell-tale signs which
      Mr Dantonio summarised as 3 key traits:

      1. They will use Lens Flare with bright lights

      2. Make the focus look like its going in and out

      3. Pass the object behind another object to reinforce the authenticity

      Mr Dantoino further felt that the Œcreator¹ of the video fabricated a tree
      in the foreground to pass the UFO behind, while also experimenting with Lens
      flare and depth of field. He said Œthrowing in a sparse tree through which
      the UFO flies is a classic trick to add some reality¹.

      Marc also shared with UFO Briefcase details of a production for National
      Geographic, where a UFO animates across the sky before disappearing through
      the bush, and can be seen flying behind the trees in the distance. When
      comparing the Jerusalem UFO footage (6th), Marc considered it an amateur
      attempt given the elementary masking work was easy to identify.

      When comparing the 6th video with the original 2 videos by Eligael, Mr
      Dantoino commented that in the original clip the UFO comes down and hovers,
      where we soon observe the Œenergy burst¹ prior to the object darting
      straight up at rapid speed. With this latest video (the 6th), the UFO came
      down and actually moved toward the video camera, then off to the right. Mr
      Dantoino stated that this is not consistent with the original footage.

      Given the intensity of the bright light, Mr Dantoino stated that the clarity
      achieved with this 6th footage would not at all be possible. He felt the
      special effects (lens flare and depth of field) were most likely created
      using a software program like Adobe After Effects.

      The 6th Jerusalem UFO Video was widely considered Œtoo good to be true¹
      including the original witness, Eligael, who stated even he was unsure of
      the authenticity of the video.

      Some of the not so obvious Œhoax tell-tale signs¹ according to Mr Dantoino,
      include background noises. An area identified included the muting of the
      individuals voice. Marc referred specifically too the sound of the
      individual speaking during the footage and explained that in his expert
      opinion, the individual is Œinside a building¹ because the the voice was
      muted by floor, walls and a ceiling. He further explained that while
      intently listening, he was able to identify another noise that suggests the
      sound was not recorded outside, but more likely in front of a PC.
      Specifically the sound of the computers cooling fan was detected.

      When commenting on the entire set of Jerusalem UFO videos, Marc stated Œfor
      many reasons beyond what I have so far shared, this video and the other
      Jerusalem UFO Videos are in my opinion hoaxesŒ.

      He said ³the two original videos of the event (Video 1 & 2), are both very
      different from each other and each gives away the hoax by comparison to the
      other².

      Finally Mr Dantoino stated that ³if the Jerusalem event occurred, we would
      have lots of other witnesses in the city who would have come forward saying
      so.. Where are they?².

      When asked about the expense associated with such a Œhoaxed production¹,
      Marc declared Œgone are the days of having to purchase large expensive
      suites of software to create the special effects like this video¹. He
      explained anyone with a student ID can now purchase all the software
      required for only a few hundred dollars. Even young kids are easily creating
      YouTube videos with animated UFOs, Robots, cars, and planes for example. He
      said ³this is why our job at MUFON is so hard, because now these types of
      resources are available to anyone to do with minimal effort², such as the
      6th Jerusalem UFO video.

      Marc will detail his assessment in the near future on the MUFON website
      <http://mufon.com/> .

      RELATED LINK:

      Pulse on UFOs and Extraterrestrials
      http://nhne-pulse.org/ufos/