Prince Charles Believes He Was Placed On Earth To Help Save The World

  • NHNE Wavemaker List
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 2:37 PM

      See all the NHNE news you are missing:
      http://bit.ly/afCLPo
      http://twitter.com/sunfellow

      CHECK OUT NHNE'S NEW STORE!
      http://astore.amazon.com/newheavenneweart

      MY DUTY IS TO SAVE THE WORLD: PRINCE CHARLES BELIEVES HE WAS BORN FOR A
      PURPOSE
      By Fay Schlesinger
      Daily Mail
      July 30, 2010

      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299099/Prince-Charles-My-duty-save-
      world.html

      The Prince of Wales says he believes he has been placed on Earth as future
      King Œfor a purpose¹ -- to save the world.

      Giving a fascinating insight into his view of his inherited wealth and
      influence, he said: ŒI can only somehow imagine that I find myself being
      born into this position for a purpose.

      ŒI don¹t want my grandchildren or yours to come along and say to me, ³Why
      the hell didn¹t you come and do something about this? You knew what the
      problem was². That is what motivates me.

      ŒI wanted to express something in the outer world that I feel inside... We
      seem to have lost that understanding of the whole of nature and the universe
      as a living entity.¹

      Green champion: Prince Charles, a long-term committed supporter of the
      environment, says the modern world has lost the understanding of nature
      His impassioned comments come during a film about his belief that unbridled
      commerce has led to the destruction of farmland and countryside.

      The documentary, called Harmony, is due to be aired on the U.S. network NBC
      in November to coincide with the launch of a book of the same name by the
      prince.

      Charles is understood to have waived his author¹s fee, and all royalties
      will go to his charity, the Prince¹s Trust.

      But the Prince has previously come under fire for hypocrisy over his
      eco-values.

      Last year he commandeered a jet belonging to the Queen¹s Flight to attend
      the Copenhagen climate change summit, generating an estimated 6.4 tons of
      carbon dioxide -- 5.2 tons more than if he had used a commercial plane.
      Critics condemned his words as Œdelusional¹.

      Graham Smith, of the anti-monarchy group Republic, said: ŒHe is under the
      impression he has been sent to save the world and deliver us from our sins.
      It¹s quite delusional.

      ŒHe will have to be impartial and keep his mouth shut when he¹s king. If he
      really believes this is his mission and he disagrees with Government in
      future, he risks plunging us into a constitutional crisis.¹

      Senior royal aides denied the prince was attempting to mould his public
      image and pave the way to ensure a positive legacy.

      They stressed Charles also cared passionately about his other royal duties,
      such as defence.

      One said: ŒIn private he has dismissed talk of legacies - that¹s not for him
      to say because it¹s for others to judge. But hopefully his charities will
      carry on for many years to come.

      ŒHe has said there is a reason why he¹s in a position to raise these issues
      -- that there is some higher power. But there is more to his role than just
      green problems.

      ŒIt¹s true that outside royal duties, the environment is the thing he cares
      most passionately about.¹

      In a trailer to the film, the prince spoke passionately about his
      decades-long quest for what he described in a statement as Œa sacred duty of
      stewardship of the natural order of things¹.

      He said: ŒI started 22 years ago on something that nobody really wanted to
      know about except a few people who thought it was pretty crazy.

      ŒThe way nature presents itself -- we¹ve turned it into merely a mechanical
      process.

      ŒWhat is happening to the small farmers around the world is simply
      appalling, as a result of globalisation. Is that really the intention behind
      it all, just to sweep all these people off the land?¹

      An Asian woman, who is not named in the documentary, piled praise on the
      royal, saying: ŒPrinces Charles has been a very courageous man because he
      has never thought through the throne he will occupy -- he has thought
      through the planet he lives on.¹

      http://www.nhne.org/tabid/1044/Default.aspx

      NHNE's Mother Ship:
      http://www.nhne.org/