18067The B Team (Corrected Version)

    Aug 6, 2013

      To keep up with NHNE's daily dose of news, videos, quotes, photos, and
      more, go here:
      http://www.facebook.com/newheavennewearth

      Watch two introductory videos about The B Team on Pulse:

      http://nhne-pulse.org/the-b-team/

      THE B TEAM

      http://nhne-pulse.org/the-b-team/

      The B Team is a not-for-profit initiative that has been formed by a
      group of global business leaders to create a future where the purpose of
      business is to be a driving force for social, environmental and economic
      benefit. Working with a global community of advisors and partners, The B
      Team seeks to develop and implement a Plan B for business that puts
      people and planet alongside profit. The B Leaders will focus on
      execution and action, catalysing and amplifying others’ efforts by
      undertaking specific global challenges where their collective voice can
      make a difference.

      The B Team Declaration (pdf)
      http://nhne-pulse.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/declaration-letter.pdf

      The B Team Website
      http://bteam.org/

      The B Team Declaration

      http://nhne-pulse.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/declaration-letter.pdf

      We, the undersigned, believe that the world is at a critical crossroads.
      Global-business leaders need to come together to advance the wellbeing
      of people and the planet. In fact, we think business has to think this
      way in order to thrive.

      The private sector can and must redefine both its responsibilities and
      its own terms of success; a Plan B for concerted, positive action that
      will ensure business becomes a driving force for social, environmental
      and economic benefit.

      Business is now waking up to the reality that:

      If we carry on using the natural resources of the world unsustainably,
      they'll quite simply run out.

      With a burgeoning population, more people are still living in poverty
      than ever before and inequalities are increasing in many parts of the world.

      Unemployment rates are at frightening levels.

      Non-Profits alone cannot solve the tasks at hand, while many governments
      are unwilling or unable to act.

      While there are myriad reasons we've arrived at this juncture, much of
      the blame rests with the principles and practices of 'business as usual'.

      These are not the outcomes we envisioned as we grew our companies; this
      is not the dream that inspired us.

      And the overwhelming conclusion we've reached is that businesses have
      been a major contributor to the problems, and we as business leaders
      have the responsibility of creating sustainable solutions.

      Therefore, if we leverage the many positives of business -- the spirit
      of enterprise, innovation and entrepreneurship that has helped realize
      improvements in quality of life and enabled technological and scientific
      progress -- we can create an unprecedented era of sustainable, inclusive
      prosperity for all.

      The time has come for us to play our part in finding the solutions.

      That's why we are forming The B Team.

      Our vision of the future is a world in which the purpose of business is
      to become a driving force for social, environmental and economic benefit.

      Our mission is to help develop a 'Plan B' that puts people and planet
      alongside profit.

      Plan A -- where companies have been driven by the profit motive alone --
      is no longer acceptable.

      As business leaders, we know that what we're proposing will be a
      challenge, or even an affront, to many of our colleagues and competitors.

      But we're confident that those who choose to work with us will see that
      in the long run what's better for the planet and its people is also
      better for business.

      The ultimate aim, with support, energy and ideas -- and yes, constant,
      frank criticism -- is to get millions of business leaders committed to a
      better way of doing business.

      And before we comment on the practices of others, we 'Pledge' that we
      will 'Start at Home'.

      We will focus on ourselves, our own businesses and industries, and do
      our utmost to ensure we meet the principles of better business.

      As members of The B Team, we will work to overcome large-scale
      challenges where our collective voices can make a difference.

      Below is our starting 'Agenda', which comprises some of the areas that
      we believe Plan B must address:

      1. The Right Aspirations.

      That the right global incentives are in place to promote, inspire and
      celebrate business models that integrate people, planet and profit into
      their DNA.

      2. New Structures.

      That we accelerate new corporate forms, hybrids, partnerships, social
      business and the enabling conditions exist to mandate a people, planet,
      profit agenda.

      3. True Accounting.

      That business accounts to society and the planet for the true cost --
      economic, social and environmental -- of every business practice.

      4. True Returns.

      That the conditions exist for finance to flow toward endeavors seeking a
      multi-boom line of people, planet and profit.

      5. Wellbeing.

      That business is a primary driver of holistic wellbeing, adding social
      value through evolving business models, employee welfare, health,
      citizen engagement and human rights.

      6. Level Playing Field.

      That there are no subsidies or incentives for practices that are
      destructive for the wellbeing of people and the planet.

      7. Full Transparency.

      That we live in a world where there is full transparency about what
      constitutes a better product, a better company, a better investment and
      a better leader.

      8. Redefined Education.

      That the next generation the world over is taught and inspired to
      believe that the purpose of business is to be a driving force for social
      and environmental benefit, and not just financial gain.

      9. Nature's Model.

      That instead of depleting and polluting natural resources, business
      works with nature rather than against it and recognizes that economic
      activity takes place within planetary boundaries.

      10. The Long Run.

      That the horizon of thinking in business is considerably extended from
      the short quarterly focus of today to a far more sustainable, holistic
      and longer term of tomorrow.

      The Leaders joining The B Team founders Sir Richard Branson and Jochen
      Zeitz are:

      Shari Arison, Owner, Arison Group

      Kathy Calvin, President and CEO, United Nations Foundation

      Arianna Huffington, Chair, President & Editor In Chief, The Huffington
      Post Media Group

      Mo Ibrahim, Founder, Celtel

      Guilherme Leal, Founder & Co-Chairman, Natura

      Strive Masiyiwa, Founder & Chairman, Econet Wireless

      Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Coordinating Minister of the Economy & Minister
      of Finance, Nigeria

      François-Henri Pinault, CEO & Chairman, Kering

      Paul Polman, CEO, Unilever

      Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus, Tata Group

      Zhang Yue, Chairman and Founder, Broad Group China

      Professor Muhammad Yunus, Chairman, Yunus Center

      Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland, Deputy Chair, The Elders (Honorary Leader)

      Mary Robinson, Secretary, The Elders and President, Mary Robinson
      Foundation – Climate Justice (Honorary Leader)

      David Sunfellow
      Founder & President
      NewHeavenNewEarth (NHNE)
      nhne@...

      To subscribe to NHNE's News List, send a message to:
      nhnenews-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To unsubscribe to NHNE's News List, send a message to:

      To support NHNE
      http://bit.ly/1UPp8x

      NewHeavenNewEarth (NHNE)
      http://nhne.org

      How Near-Death Experiences Are Changing The World
      http://goo.gl/wWEM3

      NHNE NDE
      http://nhne-nde.org

      NHNE NDE Resource Center & Social Network
      http://nhneneardeath.ning.com

      NHNE Pulse NDE Resource Page
      http://nhne-pulse.org/resource_pages/near-death-experiences/

      NDE Stories