18054Near-Death Experiences & The Dark Side

    Jul 7, 2013

      NHNE Summer Fundraiser
      Amount Needed: 4,500.00
      Amount Raised: 1,325.00
      Money Still Needed: 3,175.00
      Number of people who have helped: 26

      To make a tax-deductible donation, go here:
      http://fundrazr.com/campaigns/3XN7f

      To mail in a check:
      NHNE, P.O. Box 2242, Sedona, AZ 86339

      Thank you!!!

      “To appreciate heaven well, it is good for a man to have some fifteen
      minutes of hell.”

      -- Will Carleton

      NDE and the Dark Side
      By Dr. Rajiv Parti
      NHNE Pulse
      July 6, 2013

      http://nhne-pulse.org/nde-dark-side/

      We spend our early lives creating our 'dark' side, our shadow. Everyone
      has one. It is instinctive and irrational and prone to projection:
      turning a personal inferiority into a perceived deficiency in someone else.

      Think of your most embarrassing or shameful moment and you'll find your
      dark side. It's that part you wish wasn’t there, that part you want to
      hide or forget ever existed, that part you pushed down into your
      unconscious in childhood. It was often created as part of your coping
      strategies.

      As an adult, your dark side personifies everything that you hate or
      refuse to acknowledge about yourself. It contains rejected and ignored
      emotions, situations and phobias. Your dark side is your fear of
      failure, your extreme shyness, or your sexual compulsion. Or maybe a
      drug or alcohol addiction, or an aggressive way of dealing with your
      closest family and friends.

      In many cases, if we hate angry people, we lean the other direction and
      become passive. We let others walk all over us until resentment builds
      into a pile of impotent rage. This unexpressed energy has to go
      somewhere -- it will either implode and create illness, or it will
      explode into angry behavior that we will later feel guilty and horrible
      about.

      Similarly, when we put those we admire on a pedestal, we often fail to
      nurture our own seeds of greatness that we see flowering in them.
      Looking up to others may prevent us from looking inward to recognize
      those traits we can't imagine possessing ourselves.

      To get by, we spend a lifetime stuffing unpleasant or distasteful
      moments into the bottom of our memory bags. Unfortunately, these hidden
      or lost parts of ourselves, like neglected children, eventually cry out
      for attention.

      I believe that we all have a 'light' side and a 'dark' side. Each part
      plays a role in our lives. Stifling one or the other leads to
      dysfunction and misery. The truth is, we’re all on Earth to evolve. We
      cycle through different stages and milestones and grow by embracing our
      whole selves.

      To become whole means investing time and energy into illuminating and
      reclaiming our lost selves so that we can begin to heal. The key is to
      retain awareness of our dark side without identifying with it. We need
      to see, with clear eyes, our human failings and weaknesses. We need to
      feel our guilt and shame. Then we incorporate these shadowy aspects of
      ourselves into the light. This produces a stronger, wider consciousness
      than before.

      It wasn't until I had a near-death experience in 2010 that I realized
      how deeply my dark side was impacting the choices I made and how I lived
      my life. Up until then, my life had been very materialistic and
      self-absorbed, devoid of love. I was not practicing compassion or
      forgiveness towards myself or others. I was especially harsh towards
      people that I perceived to be lower than me in social or professional
      status.

      While near-death experiences are typically recounted as pleasant and
      uplifting: visions of pure light, verdant landscapes and dazzlingly
      clear skies, accompanied by an overwhelming sense of bliss -- not
      everyone has a pleasant or a loving near-death episode. Less reported
      are the accounts of nightmarish and painfully hellish experiences:
      terrifying deities, gruesome apparitions, racking and painful torture.
      These accounts may include a life-review process, judgment or a
      disembodied state, followed by rebirth into this or other realms for
      further growth and learning.

      During my near-death experience, my first stop in the other realm was
      Hell. Since going public with my NDE, I have been asked several times,
      "Why did you go straight to Hell? If God is all unconditional love,
      should you not have gone to Heaven straight away?"

      Unpleasant or hell-like NDEs can be perceived as a wake-up call, a
      learning experience. And I was in dire need of a wakeup call, I just
      didn't know it. I like to think that a negative NDE can be viewed as
      positive when it results in significant constructive changes in a
      person's life, as it has in mine.

      Every near-death experience carries with it a message of growth. NDEs
      also offer insight into the true nature of life. I consider my NDE a
      gift. It inspired me to see things differently and consider other points
      of view. It helped me to see many different aspects of myself and then
      to embrace, forgive, and love what I saw.

      Acknowledging that you have a dark side is the key to personal growth.
      When you acknowledge who you really are -- both the good and the bad --
      you integrate your outer personality and actions with your inner being
      -- your soul.

      Accepting that you have a dark side also frees up energy that was
      previously used to stifle, avoid, and deny dark impulses. Now this
      energy can be used for other purposes. Just by accepting all the
      different parts of yourself, you will have access to a new source of
      personal power.

      When you totally accept yourself, you make a big step toward inner
      completion. By shining a light into the darkness, you invite that which
      has been hiding to come out. With self-inquiry, you start unlocking
      long-hidden parts of yourself, creating a life of balance, inner-peace
      and harmony.

      RELATED LINKS:

      http://nhne-pulse.org/nde-dark-side/

      • Dr. Rajiv Parti Website
      • Dr. Rajiv Parti on Facebook
      • Dr. Rajiv Parti on Twitter
      • NDE Stories on Dr. Rajiv Parti

      • NHNE NDE on Distressing & Hellish Experiences
      • Dancing Past the Dark (Nancy Evans Bush
      • Is There A Hell? (PMH Atwater)
      • The NDE & Hell (Kevin Williams)
      • Is There Proof of Hell? (Rene Jorgensen)
      • IANDS on Distressing Near-Death Experiences
      • NHNE NDE Distressing & Hellish Experiences YouTube Playlist

      • How Near-Death Experiences Are Changing The World
      • The Formula for Creating Heaven on Earth
      • Quick List of Prominent NDErs
      • NDE Stories
      • NHNE’s Collection of NDE Testimonials – Archive One
      • NHNE’s Collection of NDE Testimonials – Archive Two
      • NDEs NOT Caused by Malfunctioning Brains
      • NDE Take-Aways
      • Pulse on NDEs
      • NHNE NDE
      • NHNE NDE Social Network