Resources: Ken Wilber CD

  • NHNE
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2001
      "News,
      Inspiration,
      & Consumer Protection
      for Spiritual Seekers"

      ------------

      NHNE: Resources: Ken Wilber CD
      Friday, December 21, 2001
      Current Members: 1568

      ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      EDITOR'S COMMENT:

      This is just a quick post to let all of you know about a new CD that has
      been released of an interview with Ken Wilber. Wilber, for those of you who
      may not know, is widely regarded as one of the most important
      spiritually-oriented philosophers alive today. His chief claim to fame:
      gathering a wide variety of human disciplines -- from science, psychology,
      and spirituality to business, politics, and medicine -- into one
      comprehensive system that attempts to explain the ultimate purpose and
      destiny of humankind. A very tall order, but one which Wilber excels at. And
      one that everyone on this mailing list should know about.

      An NHNE Special Report on Wilber is on the back burner and may yet see the
      light of day. Until then, the recently released CD is the best "layman's
      introduction" to Wilber I am aware of. A complete (and somewhat grandiose)
      description of the CD follows, along with links to six MP3 cuts from the
      two-set collection.

      I've also included links to three of Wilber's books.

      And that's it from me. I send my best to each and every one of you this
      holiday season.

      With Love & Best Wishes,
      David Sunfellow

      SPEAKING OF EVERYTHING (The newly released audio CD's):
      http://www.enlightenment.com/shop/wilber.cfm?AffiliateID=2001125217

      THREE OF WILBER'S BOOKS:

      A BRIEF HISTORY OF EVERYTHING:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1570627401/newheavenneweart

      A THEORY OF EVERYTHING:
      AN INTEGRAL VISION FOR BUSINESS, POLITICS, SCIENCE AND SPIRITUALITY:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1570628556/newheavenneweart

      GRACE AND GRIT:
      SPIRITUALITY AND HEALING IN THE LIFE AND DEATH OF TREYA KILLAM WILBER:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1570627428/newheavenneweart

      ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      KEN WILBER, SPEAKING OF EVERYTHING
      By Jeramy Hale

      The first-ever live audio interview with the world's most widely published
      spiritual philosopher. Just $24.95 for 2 CDs plus Alex Grey illustrated
      Glossary pamphlet. Only at Enlightenment.Com.

      http://www.enlightenment.com/shop/wilber.cfm?AffiliateID=2001125217

      CD LINER NOTES:

      Ken Wilber is the most widely published philosopher in the world today.
      Sociable by nature, but reclusive due to the demands of his work, this is
      the first time he has agreed to have a live recorded interview made
      available to the public.

      The interview covers a wide range of topics, from intimate discussions of
      Ken's personal life to his unmatched integration of science, psychology, and
      spirituality. From incredibly entertaining moments, to moments that solidly
      engage the intellect, there is something for everyone in this unique and
      heartfelt glimpse into the inner world of a man called the "Einstein of
      Consciousness."

      A deep rapport develops between Ken Wilber and Jordan Gruber, the founder of
      Enlightenment.Com, as the interview starts off with a behind-the-scenes
      look at Ken's Integral Institute and some of the challenges it faces. Soon
      the conversation turns to the shocking but entertaining "Two Truths
      Doctrine," "Reincarnation," and yes, "The Purpose of Being Here."

      The highly charged and entertaining material on Disc Two is the perfect
      balance to some of the more theoretical topics in the first half, as the
      burden of fame, the importance of spiritual practice, and even the internet
      get discussed.

      Only an easy attention is required as Ken speaks about himself or about the
      theoretical system he has built over a lifetime. His warmth and humanity
      shine through as his intellect illuminates broad stretches of the
      psycho-spiritual landscape.

      During the production stages, everyone who heard the interview remarked that
      something special took place that was captured in the recording. Whether the
      topic is the mundane or the mystical, you will think, you will laugh, you
      will wonder, and you will be given a rare opportunity to look into the life
      and writings of one of the world's most profound and important thinkers.

      This is Ken Wilber, Speaking of Everything.

      1ST CD, TRACK TITLES:

      1. Introduction
      2. It's Not Every Day You Lose $100 Million
      3. Leading the Integral Institute

      4. Approaching the Powers that Be
      http://www.enlightenment.com/shop/clips/track4clip.mp3

      5. Boomeritis
      6. Only One Mind

      7. The Two Truths Doctrine
      http://www.enlightenment.com/shop/clips/track7clip.mp3

      8. Satori for Worms

      9. Reincarnation
      http://www.enlightenment.com/shop/clips/track9clip.mp3

      10. Got the Outline, Got the Framework
      11. The Purpose of Being Here
      12. Everybody's Right
      13. Now You've Done It!
      14. The Chinese Box

      2ND CD, TRACK TITLES:

      1. Pathetically Obvious
      http://www.enlightenment.com/shop/clips/track15clip.mp3

      2. Wake Up to Nirvana!
      3. Hallucinatory Nonsense

      4. The Burden of Fame
      http://www.enlightenment.com/shop/clips/track18clip.mp3

      5. Strumming the Strings
      http://www.enlightenment.com/shop/clips/track19clip.mp3

      6. Working Day Satori Blues
      7. Unraveling the Mysteries of Life, Death & Pain
      8. A Celestine Prophecy of the Second Tier
      9. The Internet
      10. The QLink
      11. Evidence of Powers
      12. Four Quadrants Forever
      13. Drugs & Meditation
      14. Which Practice for You?

      ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      NHNE MISSION STATEMENT, CREDITS & CONTACT INFORMATION

      The mission of NewHeavenNewEarth (NHNE) is to answer humankind's oldest,
      most perplexing questions: Who are we? Where are we from? What is the origin
      and purpose of life? Instead of relying on ancient or contemporary wisdom,
      or the knowledge of isolated experts, we are building a global network of
      seekers from all walks of life, from all parts of the world, lay people and
      professionals alike, that can pool talents, experience, and resources to
      unravel life's great mysteries.

      We also believe that our planet is passing through a time of profound change
      and are seeking to create a global community of like-minded people that can
      safely pass through whatever changes may come our way and help give birth to
      a new way of life on our planet.

      ------------

      David Sunfellow, Founder & Publisher
      NewHeavenNewEarth (NHNE)