Drury, Yelle sent to Calgary

  • Almost Human
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 1:22 PM
      Gifts and Collectibles
      http://www.pakratstar.com

      The Colorado Avalanche announced this afternoon that the club has acquired defenseman Derek Morris and forwards Dean McAmmond and Jeff Shantz from the Calgary Flames.

      In return, the Avalanche exchanged forwards Chris Drury and Stephane Yelle.

      "We are thrilled and excited to be able to add a top, skilled defenseman like Derek Morris to our lineup," said Colorado Avalanche President and General Manager Pierre Lacroix. "In addition, Dean McAmmond and Jeff Shantz will bring great contributions to the future success of our franchise. We're sad to see loyal athletes like Chris and Stephane depart, but we have to pay a price to improve our hockey club."

      Morris, 24, was selected by the Calgary Flames 13th overall in the 1996 Entry Draft. The 5'11", 200-pound native of Edmonton, Alberta was named to the NHL's All-Rookie Team in 1998 and has consistently been one of Calgary's leaders on the blueline. He led all Flames' defenders in assists (30) and points (34) in 2001-02 despite playing in only 61 games. His top offensive season came in 1999-00, when he tallied nine goals and 29 assists in 78 games.

      Originally Chicago's first selection, 22nd overall in the 1991 Entry Draft, McAmmond played for the Edmonton Oilers, Chicago Blackhawks, and Philadelphia Flyers prior to being acquired by Calgary before the start of the 2001-02 season. Last season, the 29-year-old, 5"11", 200-pound native of Grand Cache, Alberta ranked third on Calgary's roster in scoring, notching 21 goals and 30 assists in 73 games played.

      Shantz, a native of Duchess, Alberta, was limited to 40 games due to injury in 2001-02, tallying three goals and three assists. The six-foot, 195-pound center was drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks 36th overall in the 1992 Entry Draft out of Regina (WHL), where he was named to the WHL East First All-Star Team in 1993. He broke into the NHL in 1993-94 with Chicago prior to being traded to Calgary during the 1998-99 season.

      All three players are expected to join the team in San Jose for Wednesday night's NHL preseason game.

      Alias, The Guardian, Babes, Hunks, TV, Music, Movies, Sports, KISS, Yasmine Bleeth, Soap Operas, Ally McBeal etc... http://members.fortunecity.com/alyssamilano1/home.html

      ---
      This e-mail is certified Virus Free.