All-Stars

  • awhi_99
    Message 1 of 2050 , Feb 4, 2002
      I didn't watch the All-Star Game this year, but
      I'll throw in a few comments based on what I saw on
      ESPN that night.<br><br>By far, those were the best
      uniforms I've ever seen in an All-Star Game. Keep those
      instead permanently instead of bringing in a new uniform
      very other year.<br><br>I heard Sergei Fedorov played
      an outstanding game. A friend of mine suggested he
      get MVP. Does anyone agree? Why did Eric Daze
      win?<br><br>Had I called the shots and decided who could go,
      Roman Turek would've been there instead of Tommy Salo.
      Instead of Patrick Roy, Jose Theodore and Sean Burke,
      we'd see Chris Osgood, Jocelyn Thibault and Brian
      Boucher in net for North America. <br><br>I'll only say
      this one more time: Let's go back to the original East
      vs. West format. Too many good players get forgotten
      by the North America vs. the World format.
    • awhi_99
      Message 2050 of 2050 , Mar 3, 2002
        I agree with you, kcbus, now that I hear that
        argument. I hadn't even thought of it that way.<br><br>I
        feel glad for Canada. They'd never be allowed to go
        back home if they hadn't won. Best to both the men and
        women!<br><br>The Canadians must've been desparate against the USA
        because they had to put a coin in the ice as a good luck
        charm. As an American, I take that as a compliment. The
        Canadians needed luck to beat us.<br><br>Still, our men and
        women make silver truly shine, even brighter than gold.
        Way to go! Even if the women didn't repeat the gold,
        they're still the best team in the world. And the men
        truly redeemed themselves after Nagano.