Olympics

  • awhi_99
    Message 1 of 2050 , Sep 4, 2001
      Does anyone know who's going to the Olympics? I
      know Canada's already added Mario Lemieux, Joe Sakic,
      Chris Pronger, and Scott Niedermeyer. Does anyone think
      that the 2002 Games will be a bust like in 1998? I'm
      honestly not sure what to think about it all right now.
    • awhi_99
      Message 2050 of 2050 , Mar 3, 2002
        I agree with you, kcbus, now that I hear that
        argument. I hadn't even thought of it that way.<br><br>I
        feel glad for Canada. They'd never be allowed to go
        back home if they hadn't won. Best to both the men and
        women!<br><br>The Canadians must've been desparate against the USA
        because they had to put a coin in the ice as a good luck
        charm. As an American, I take that as a compliment. The
        Canadians needed luck to beat us.<br><br>Still, our men and
        women make silver truly shine, even brighter than gold.
        Way to go! Even if the women didn't repeat the gold,
        they're still the best team in the world. And the men
        truly redeemed themselves after Nagano.