All-Star

  • awhi_99
    Message 1 of 2050 , Feb 1, 2001
      The All-Star Game is almost here! But I have a
      few issues about it. I like the North America vs.
      World format, but I think that should only be used in
      Olympic years. Whatever happened to the Eastern
      Conference vs. Western Conference? That put up a lot of good
      action over the years (especially in 1994 and 1996). Use
      East vs. West in non-Olympic years.<br>What really
      surprises people the most about this season? For me, it's
      been Mario's return (but it doesn't surprise me how
      good he's been); how good the Sabres are doing; how
      bad the Rangers are doing (I didn't think they'd be
      one of the elite, but should have no problem getting
      a playoff spot); how good the Sharks are doing; and
      how bad the Panthers are doing).<br>By the way,
      ninjastar74, I must disagree: Paul Coffey is one of the best
      offensive-minded defensemen to ever play the game. It's a tragedy
      what's happened to him. Unfortunately, playing for
      several below-500 teams in consecutive years will kill
      one's morale. I think that's what's happened to him.
    • awhi_99
      Message 2050 of 2050 , Mar 3, 2002
        I agree with you, kcbus, now that I hear that
        argument. I hadn't even thought of it that way.<br><br>I
        feel glad for Canada. They'd never be allowed to go
        back home if they hadn't won. Best to both the men and
        women!<br><br>The Canadians must've been desparate against the USA
        because they had to put a coin in the ice as a good luck
        charm. As an American, I take that as a compliment. The
        Canadians needed luck to beat us.<br><br>Still, our men and
        women make silver truly shine, even brighter than gold.
        Way to go! Even if the women didn't repeat the gold,
        they're still the best team in the world. And the men
        truly redeemed themselves after Nagano.