I Heard A Rumor...

  • awhi_99
    Message 1 of 2050 , Jun 1, 2000
      I heard a rumor that, at a post-game interview
      for Game One, that Martin Brodeur said: "For them
      [the Stars], this game was a fluke. I expect them to
      come out strong on Thursday. I even expect them to get
      the first goal!"<br>What's up with this?! This
      reminds me of his "You can't win every year" comment
      after the Devils were defeated by the Penguins last
      year. If this is true, I hope he meant it
      sarcastically.
    • awhi_99
      Message 2050 of 2050 , Mar 3, 2002
        I agree with you, kcbus, now that I hear that
        argument. I hadn't even thought of it that way.<br><br>I
        feel glad for Canada. They'd never be allowed to go
        back home if they hadn't won. Best to both the men and
        women!<br><br>The Canadians must've been desparate against the USA
        because they had to put a coin in the ice as a good luck
        charm. As an American, I take that as a compliment. The
        Canadians needed luck to beat us.<br><br>Still, our men and
        women make silver truly shine, even brighter than gold.
        Way to go! Even if the women didn't repeat the gold,
        they're still the best team in the world. And the men
        truly redeemed themselves after Nagano.