new bird(s) for the Rhoden Cove Road pond - Tallahassee

  • Harry Hooper
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2013
      Evening nflbirders,

      Just after the heavy rains ended around 5:15 pm, as I passed the Rhoden Cove Road pond, I spotted five white pelicans, all appeared to be first year birds.  They were a little skittish but appeared to be feeding or attempting to feed in the murky water.  New bird species for this little gem of a pond.

      Harry Hooper
      Tallahassee, Florida

    • Jim Stevenson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2013
        I don’t have a copy of my dad’s book with me here in Alaska, but this is a surely a painfully late date for that species. Dangnation.

        Jim in Homer, AK