killdeer nest

  • eliza hawkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2013
      I recently monitored the hatching of four killdeer chicks from my office overlooking the roof of the Pepper Building in downtown Tallahassee.  (for 3 weeks I had my scope set up on the nesting adults much to the amusement of my co-workers.) this was the second year in a row chicks were seen.   After hatching on April 17 and last being seen late Friday April 19th they have not been seen again.  I am afraid I should have intervened and relocated them as they must have fallen off the roof.

      http://nestwatch.org/nw/data/site/L2146287

      pictures on flickr:
      http://www.flickr.com//photos/9467770@N06/sets/72157633373860577/show/

      Eliza Hawkins