Lake Lafayette Heritage Trail Park 4/28; Wakulla SF 4/27

  • markkiser9
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2013
      Four Least Terns were hanging out on the lake this afternoon at LLHTP in Tallahassee, along with at least 4 Forster's, but none could be detected on the island nesting area by fishing finger 3; hopefully folks will continue to monitor and will spot some nesters soon. An alligator seems to love resting on the "beach;" we've seen it several times now.

      Also found 4 Purple Gallinules, 7 Spotted Sandpipers, two active Osprey nests, a pair of Orchard Orioles, heard a Broad-winged Hawk, saw one ST Kite and one Miss. Kite.
      A Yellow-throated Vireo came to the ground in front of us to grab an insect.

      At Wakulla State Forest yesterday, we encountered at least 5 Broad-winged Hawks, a Y-b Cuckoo carrying nesting material, Miss. Kite, 8 Summer Tanagers, Prothonotary, B & W, Y-t, and Hooded Warblers, Blue Grosbeaks and Indigo Buntings, and a 5-foot Gray Rat Snake sunning on the road.

      Happy trails,

      Mark and Selena Kiser