LETE Piney Z

  • Candy and Michael Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2013
      Today I spotted one least tern (with 4 Foresters) at Piney Z (Lake
      Lafayette). It was perched on one of the piles at the end of Fishing Finger
      #3. Just east of this finger, next to the canoe launch, is our re-furbished
      LETE nesting island. I will be putting up decoys and playing a colony
      nesting tape in the near future. Boaters, please keep off the island,
      Birders please let us know if you see any courting activity.

      Also, a purple gallinule was just east of the East Levee in Lower Lake
      Lafayette, and several ospreys nesting, mostly in natural snags (not the
      artificial platforms.yet)

      And while fishing at Aucilla River on Sunday, 6 indigo buntings were feeding
      in the grassy parking area.

      Michael Hill

      Tallahassee

      No one is in charge of your happiness but you!