Tall Timbers: Lincoln sparrow, prairie warbler and more

  • Bill Phelan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2013
      Using Robert Gundy's fine directions, I saw the Lincoln's sparrow today at Tall Timbers. A lifer for me, it jumped up on a small branch as I approached, giving clear but brief views.
      Other highlights:
      My FOS Prairie Warbler--a male in brilliant plumage
      a pair of Sedge Wrens, not 10 feet away, the best looks I have ever had of this elusive species
      Blue Birds in pairs
      Red Headed woodpeckers
      My FOS: brown thrasher, purple martins

      2 Fox squirrels were seen along the road into TT.

      Nice place to visit--lots of diversity even if only one birding trail is open to visitors.
      Bill Phelan