Saturday birding

  • Marvin T. Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30, 2013
      Karen Seward, Linda Most, Dave Sundin, and I birded from Valdosta to just into Jefferson County, Florida today. We found our Swallow-tailed Kite target bird (in both Georgia and Florida). Best Florida birds included at least 4 Solitary Sandpipers, Killdeer, Eastern Kingbird, and a Merlin at the Jeffco Dairy and 4 SWTK, Turkey, Purple Martin and Tree Swallow at Boyd Farm. There were many Sparrows at Jeffco, but so far we have only identified Savannah Sparrow. Palm Warblers were seen in Florida.

      FLORIDA

      Wild Turkey

      Cattle Egret

      Black Vulture